The Cause and Effect

Monday, a week has passed since the start of the school in Advance Nurturing High School. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, who was tasked by the Director to tutor the quintuplets sisters in secret, has managed to form a close relationship with one of the siblings and the study lesson; not just the lesson, unfortunately, is going well.

Now he decided to go after another quint while maintaining to remain in contact with Nino.

A ray of sunlight passed through the curtains gap in the glass stained window. A figure of a boy, who was peacefully laying on his bed, then woke up, opening his heavy eyelids. A pair of hazel brown eyes then shine, being reflected by the morning sun.

He then rolled to the other side of the bed, avoiding the glint, messy brown strand of hair swaying.

"I can't do this anymore....." he muttered,

It is quite strange for a person that was raised in an extreme way since childhood to utter defeat easily over something that is completely unknown to him.

He'd already resolved himself that he will only teach the sisters, nothing more nothing else. However, after the trip with Nino last Sunday, Ayanokouji's resolution was slightly shattered.

"..... I can't wait to be with you again Ayanokouji.....huh?"

He touched his left cheek.

A realization then crossed his mind. Although he previously lived in a closed world, his human feelings were not entirely locked.

Getting up from his bed, Ayanokouji blankly sat in the corner of the bed, reminiscing about yesterday's event.

He sighed,

"The chairman wasn't even kidding when he stated that...."

•••

The last period then ended. The students from different classes and years exited in their classrooms, each going to wherever their destination is.

Being self-aware that she is not in the least academically bright, one of the quints, Yotsuba, spends most of her time at the library.

Among the siblings, the aforementioned was the most energetic person and physically active in sports. So it was quite strange for a person like her to be staying in a quiet place.

Well the thing is, she has been accompanying an acquaintance from her class. The name is Sakayanagi Arisu.

In exchange for helping in carrying the heavy stuff, Sakayanagi offered to Yotsuba, in teaching the latter about the lessons in class.

Even though a door of opportunity had been laid in front of her eyes, Yotsuba was a bit reluctant in accepting it. Not only that she is undoubtedly slow in learning, she also doesn't want the others to think that the reason why she helped Sakayanagi is because she's after something such as teaching her to study.

However the other person sees through her. She convinced Yotsuba that her weakness is insignificant as she will grow by the guidance of a genius in front of her. Sakayanagi also mentioned that she couldn't care less about what the others think about her and Yotsuba since soon they will come crawling to her.

Yotsuba couldn't understand the second statement but the confidence Sakayanagi shows takes away her hesitation and then a friendship (?) was formed between the two.

Strolling around the silent library, Yotsuba was on her way to the history section, to grab the book that Sakayanagi told her.

Stopping on her track, Yotsuba then went to the corner, having already arrived at her destination.