Swim or Die

Tuesday, the official start of school. After receiving the folder which contains the information about the quints. Ayanokouji arrives at one definite conclusion. All five of them are pain in the ass to deal with.

Moreover, the useful information about each quint was close to none. It only puts their hobbies, favorite foods, the accessories they wear to differentiate them from one another, dislikes, personality etc.

The most important information Ayanokouji wants is their intelligence capabilities. Since he can't reveal to them that he will be their tutor, teaching them at the same time is out of the question.

If he just suddenly approaches them, it will make them suspicious of him considering that their father always hires a tutor to teach them.

So to avoid the quints from being wary of him, Ayanokouji decided that he needs to wait for a completely natural situation to approach one of them.

However, this method is quite time consuming. Ayanokouji don't have the luxury to wait for such a perfect situation since the mid term exam is in the last week of May.

“Special exam, huh?” he sighed then silently walked towards the school.

•••

Arriving at the front door, I grabbed the door handle then slid it open.

I stepped through the door while discreetly scanning the place, looking for two particular students.

The one with the headphones, named Nakano Miku, is silently sitting in her seat. Meanwhile, the one with the twin-star shape, Nakano Itsuki, was busily munching a donut.

Maybe I'll bribe the latter using food?’

While thinking of ways on how to get closer to one of them, I arrived at my seat then pulled the back of the chair.

My line of thoughts was then interrupted when suddenly someone beside me, unexpectedly greeted me.

“Morning.” she said while being mesmerized by the book she's reading.

I was surprisingly shocked since her attitude yesterday towards me was undoubtedly stern and cold.

“Did you hit your head or something?” I curiously asked then took my seat.

“If hearing a simple greeting is enough to surprise you. I'm worried about your future.” she sternly responded, still reading the book.

“No– not really. The thing is, it's quite unusual coming from you.” I rested my chin on my arm while observing the headphone girl in a side-long glance.

“I'm just raised to have proper manners.” she said it in a matter of fact tone.

“Yeah, Yeah. If you say so.” I completely brushed off the topic and a comfortable silence followed.

‘Can you just be honest to yourself and be blatantly direct that there is nothing you can do about the seating arrangement. Because I have no problem hearing that.’

I sighed then started contemplating the information that I gathered about my targets.

Nakano Ichika, the eldest of the siblings. It was stated that she was the most calm and composed among the quints. She may be an approachable person, but she tends to sleep during the tutoring session.

Nakano Nino, the second eldest sister after Ichika. She is a social butterfly, and loves fashion and cooking over something else. She also has a sharp tongue when confronting others.

Nakano Miku, the third sister or whom I called Headphone girl. She is a silent and reserved type from what I have observed. But somehow, it was written there that she won't hold back against facing her enemies. Which is quite contrary based on what happened yesterday.