Stop Eating and Listening to Music for God's Sake pt 2

Dark and eerie place. The constant crashing of the sea waves to the solid ground creates a dull sound in the surrounding.

Two students leaned to the iron fence that separates the school and the ocean.

"After ignoring me for a few days, now you suddenly wanted to meet me and in the middle of the night? Do you perhaps miss this cute me," she glanced at the other person. "Ayanokouji-kun~?"

Kushida teased him while maintaining an innocent expression similar to a child who just met her favorite person after a long time.

The boy wasn't even in the slightest bewitched by her charm and nonchalantly spoke his reason, not planning to stay with her for long.

"I don't like persistent people."

Crimson gradient pupils wavered, totally caught-off guard hearing a harsh statement.

"Ar-are you talking about my request to Horikita-san?"

Kushida tightly held her other arm while looking in the other direction, being depressed.

"That's all."

He then takes off his back on the railings and is preparing to leave.

Kushida noticed it and jolted towards Ayanokouji, hugging his back, not letting him go.

"You always misunderstand me." she muttered as she slowly dug her face into his back.

He sighed, but chose to remain silent.

"I am not asking for you to like me... I want you to fall for me."

For the short amount of time in being together with Kushida. This is like the first time that Ayanokouji felt that she is being genuine to her feelings, unlike the usual where something is off.

"Is there a difference?" he curiously asked.

He was expecting her to give an instant response but betrayed by his expectations, Kushida didn't say anything and they both remained standing there in silence.

Chilly winds coming from the evening ocean sends a calming yet unfamiliar feeling to them.

"I have to go now."

Somewhat confused by the peculiarity of the situation. Ayanokouji doesn't want to be fond of the strangeness that is slowly growing inside of him.

"Uh-"

Ayanokouji then forward his right foot, wanting to flee the place. However, she tightened her grasp on his shirt, still wanting to spend time with him even just for a minute.

"Yes. There is." she meekly said.

Kushida let go of Ayanokouji, realizing that there is no point in everything if the other person doesn't feel the same.

"I- I..... See you tomorrow, Ayanokouji-kun."

He only responded with a nod. Not even doing the slightest effort in checking up the girl.

Ayanokouji continues walking, slowly moving away from Kushida while she remains standing there, all alone by herself.

'The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear. And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown.' he sighed deeply.

•••

Morning came in the Advance Nurturing High School.

While waiting for their teacher to arrive. Nino is sitting in her chair, arms hugging her bag, deep in thought.