Chapter 30: Light

Leopold

Leopold barely evades an elongated arm, and ends up getting his forearm caught by the tall humanoid monster's other hand. He can feel its sharp nails digging into his skin. Ignoring the stinging pain, he presses his fingers together on his free hand as he extracts and transfers some magical energy from his Magical Core to that hand, the surfacing blue aura shaping into a blade. He slices off the monster's hand.

Its limb slithers back to the other side of the attic. "Why...must food...always...resist?" Multiple bubbles spring out of its wrist, quickly morphing into a brand-new hand. The one latched onto Leopold liquefies off of him.

"Looks like other people tried ta fight it off before," he thinks. It's sad they all failed miserably. "Aah'm not gonna end up like them." He fires two Orbs of Darkness' at the monster. They go right through its torso, instead damaging the wall behind it. Leopold grits his teeth nervously. That's the second time his projectiles failed to inflict any harm onto the creature. Just what the hell is it made of? He couldn't really discern its body texture when it grabbed him.

The monster stretches out both of its arms, approaching Leopold at fast speed. He knows he won't be able to dodge them, so he puts himself in a barrier. The palms slam against the solid barricade, cracking it. His eyes widen. Is his barrier that weak or is the monster that strong?

He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He needs to calm down. No matter how unfavorable the situation is, he can turn things around if he keeps his composure. That's one of Raven's advices.

The cracks on the barrier steadily become a bit bigger, the palms slowly exerting more strength.

Leopold thinks hard on an appropriate attack method, ready to execute Teleportation Dash the second his barrier shatters. No form of projectile has been effective so far. His initial way of wanting to deal with the creepy entity was to dish out nothing but projectile spells, since there was no simple way to get around the large hole in the floor. He could've used teleportation, it was the only option he had anyway, but he didn't want to do it. He was far too disturbed by the monster's entire being. Still is. It is not something you want to come across even in your nightmares.

But there is a reason Leopold has not succumbed to his fear, and it is because of his desire to return to Tweek's side. He doesn't know what's going on outside of the house, it's gotten really quiet. The sole sound he hears is the cracking of his barrier. He sincerely hopes Tweek didn't suffer any heavy injuries that he can't heal himself from, and that the silence means he won against his monsterfied parents.

Leopold takes another deep breath. He tries his best not to worry too much, and devotes all of his attention to his own battle. "If Aah wanna end this, Aah'm gonna have ta fight that thing up close."

After one more crack is made, his barrier breaks into shards. Before the hands can even touch him, his body emits a blue glow, and he swiftly appears directly in front of the monster in between its arms.

"You...come to me?" It sounded puzzled rather than surprised.

Leopold concentrates hard on his magical energy, disregarding the mind-boggling stench to the best of his ability. He has never smelled anything so putrid before. He directs the mystical energies to his hands, once again forming his auras into makeshift blades. He cuts off the monster's stretchy arms, then stabs it in the chest.

Or at least attempted to.

The skinny monster suddenly created a hole in its chest to avoid his attack.

"What?!" Before Leopold can pull his arm back, the hole quickly closes, trapping his hand inside its chest. He thrusts his other hand at the monster's face, but a black-skinned hand grabs his wrist. He starts wriggling his wrist. Thanks to the light of his aura, he's able to see the monster's face clearly. He goes completely still, his eyes displaying heightened fear.