Part 28

"I didn't want the easy kind of love, I wanted the crazy love, the kind of love that created and destroyed all at the same time."
- Julie Murphy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lexus's POV

Trigger warning!

3 hrs earlier

"Drop you off to your old apartment? Why?" Julien asks me.

   "Because I technically still live there. I still need to pay rent." I explain.

"I'll pay for it."

   "No. I may be temporarily unemployed but I still have money to pay my own rent."

"Unemployed? When did this happen? I thought you took time off for your sister's graduation." he asks confused.

I completely forgot to tell him about what happened between Alec and I. If I tell him the truth, I have no doubt he'll try to kill him. I would hate to add on to his guilty conscience.

   "It happened when you were unconscious. It doesn't matter. Where were you going tonight again?" I change the subject.

He hesitates but answers.

"The Don is hosting a celebration party."

   "Can I go?"

"No."

"Because you fear what he'll do to me?" I ask.

"Yes. Listen Lexus, please just stay at the house until I get home. I can't have Kaïs or Marius stay with you, they need to be in attendance as well, so please just listen."

"Am I really that bad that you have to beg like that?" I grumble.

"Yes, you are." he chuckles before returning to his sad look. He's had that look ever since we finished fucking in the parking lot.

Something tells me that he's going to go through with this 'being dead' plan after all despite everything I told him. Is my love not enough to fight for? No. He said he loves me back so it can't be that. He must truly believe that this is the only way to keep me alive.

He pulls into his driveway but doesn't get out.

"I need to pick up a few things for tonight. I'll be back, okay?" he says.

"Alright, well I think I'll call it a night early. I'm pretty fucking tired." I lie.

He leans over and give me a gentle kiss on the lips. I return it then get out the car and head inside. I wait until I see his car drive off before I call Kaïs.

"Kaïs, its Lexus." I announce as soon as he answers.

"What's going on, are you oaky?" he asks.

"I'm fine but I need a favor."

"It depends on what it is. Last thing I need is Cash chopping my dick off."

"I need Renee's number."

"Why?" he asks.

I hesitate to tell him.

"Lexus?"

"You know Cash is trying to send me away to Cali, right?"

"Yeah, but we all know you're not going to let that happen without a fight. It's not just your life on the line, you know? If the Don ever finds out about his plan, he'll be severely punished." he explains

"I have a way to avoid all that."

"What do you mean?"

"I can explain but I need his sister."