Part 27

"Far from a normal-functioning relationship, but normal has never been our thing."
- Anna Todd
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Julien's POV

She's impossible! I'm risking my own life in order to save hers but instead of accepting it, she's fighting me again! If the Don ever found out I lied about her death, I'd wish I was dead compared to the pain he'd deliver to me.

"Why?" I ask her breathless. Despite my frustration with her, I cannot deny the pleasure she's giving me. Her full lips never fail to disappoint. I love the way she takes me in her mouth. "Why do you not want to live the life you deserve?"

"Why don't you?" she retorts as she starts stroking me.

"My life has been written out for me since I was born. You...putain... you came into my life unexpectedly and changed everything for me." I grab her hand to stop her. As much as I'd love for her to continue, she needs to hear me with no distractions.

   "I–"

"No, let me finish. You are the light in my dark world, Lexus. The reason I am able to sleep is because of you. My night terrors are replaced by dreams of a future with you. A future I cannot have. If you died, especially due to me, I may as well die with you. It will be the worst pain in my life. What I feel for you is intense. Indescribable. It's something you only find once in a lifetime. I vow to keep you safe but the only way I can 100% do that is if I send you away with your sister. You must go, mon amour."

She looks up at me, staring into my eyes. It's hard to read her, perhaps she finally sees reason. It'll hurt to see her go but it will feel so much better to know she's safe. She crawls over to my seat until she is on top of me, straddling me.

"I love you." she says softly.

She loves me...

"You don't want to love someone like me."

"Too late." she positions my dick right at her opening. She closes her eyes as she gently goes down, her pussy taking every inch of me. God... the sight of her right now... she's so, so beautiful. "I'm not leaving you."

"Amour..."

"I love you." she repeats as she picks up her speed. I move my hands to her waist to help guide her. She feels so damn good. What did I do to deserve a woman like her?

"Say it again." I tell her.

"I fucking love you, Julien."

I make her repeat it. Over and over again. I can't help it.

"I love you too, babe." I moan against her neck.

No other words are needed now. Just the sounds of our moans and bodies colliding together. I've accepted my place in hell long ago but what I didn't expect was this small piece of heaven with her.

After what feels like forever, we both finish together. As we come down from our high, realization hits me.

The reality is heaven on earth doesn't last. The Don will never accept this union. With or without her approval, she will have to leave me. Tonight.

✢   ✢   ✢

Everything is in place. Renee has the body ready to deliver and I have all the cash Lexus will need to start over.

"You are the only man in the world that always looks miserable at parties! Take a few shots." Kaïs complains to me.

I scoff.