Chapter 59- Dracos birthday -P1

Note: RIGHT SO, I AM GOING TO BE FINISHING UP THIS STORY. I WANT TO DO A PROPOSAL AND AN EPILOGUE SET A FEW YEARS LATER. I THINK ITS WHERE I WANT IT TO GO AND NOT DRAG ON TOO LONG. ALSO I MIGHT DO ANOTHER DRARRY SET WHERE THEY RECONNECT LATER ON AND OBVIOUSLY MY OTHER FIC, 'TWO SIDES OF THE SAME SNICKLE' ISNT COMPLETE YET.
——————————————————————————-

Harry's POV: -Dracos birthday

I wake up early and get dressed, kissing Dracos head gently before getting up to see if the breakfast I have arranged has arrived. I baked him a cake while he was studying, a light vanilla sponge with fruit, he will love it. I left it at the manor along with decorations and strict instructions to the elves to set up the party tonight, I want it to be perfect.
I levitate our breakfast through to the bedroom deciding not to wake him. He has been working too hard lately. God knows what he will be like with the healers exams.
I climb back into bed pulling him close. He lets out a small sigh smuggling into me.
"Hmm take this off," he huffs not liking that I now have a T-shirt on. I roll my eyes using my wand to oblige. He huffs again this time happily and snuggles into my bare chest his long fingers stroking the hair there lightly.
"Happy birthday love," I coo kissing his head and making him smile in his sleep.
"Don't you want to open your presents," I tease making him sit upright pretty immediately.
He does love a present.
I chuckle summoning his breakfast and a few presents.
"Some now and some later," I say affectionately running my hands through his slightly messy hair.
"There's more," he laughs looking at the rather large pile and kissing my head.
"Of course," I say knowing that his parents always spoiled him and I don't intend to stop that tradition. He deserves it after all his been through.
"How about some breakfast first?" I say bringing a pastry to his lips. He smiles taking a bite and not scolding me once for food in bed.
"My favourite pastries, better than the ones in France."
"I had the elves make them fresh for you with all ingredients I brought from France," I tell him wiggling my eyebrows and making him smirk.
He eats another pastry moaning in thanks and kissing my cheek.
"Okay present time," I laugh eating a pastry of my own, knowing he was on edge waiting for his presents.
He gasps and thanks me repeatedly trying on his clothes and jewellery and skimming through the books.
"Woah these are so rare, this is amazing Harry, thank you," he says staring into the small brown box full of jars of rare potion ingredients, stacks of them with the extension charm I put on the box.
"The box is beautiful too," he coos running his finger on the wood and closing the cold clasp gently.
"I made it," I admit feeling a bit embarrassed, "I used hawthorn like your wand. I know it's an old wives tale that your wand wood brings protection and luck but still."
He grins widely at me lifting my chin to kiss me passionately
"It's wonderful, Merlin now I know how talented you are with woodworking you'll be doing all the renovations to the cabinets in the manor," he says teasingly.
"I'd like that," I admit, "it's a hobby I enjoy, I have made a few other boxes and shelves before and I can get lots of Hawthorn."
He chuckles making me smile again.
"You never cease to amaze me," he says affectionately, "perhaps your up for another type of woodworking," he teases his eyes darkening as he pulls me on top of him.
I laugh again but happily oblige kissing him gently determined to make him feel so good on his birthday.

—————————————————————————-

"Where are we going?" Draco asks smiling warmly at me as we step into the fireplace.
Hermione, Ron and Neville had stopped by giving Draco his presents as he was under the impression he would not be seeing them again today. They got him such thoughtful presents and he loved them all, I am very grateful they all get on now and make such an effort for him. Though I expect all of the effort came from Hermione.
"We are going to my place," I say vaguely making him roll his eyes as I floo us to the Potter estate.
"Wow it looks amazing Harry," he says spinning in the ball room as we step out of the fireplace,
"Have you redecorated most of the house?"
I nod taking his had to show him the few drawing rooms, bedrooms and bathrooms. It's no where near as big as the manor but it is still much much bigger than number 12 and it's much bigger than I need.
"I redesigned it with you in mind love. I wanted to show you that it was a home for you too," I say pulling him close in the now well lit hallway and kissing him deeply. I have cleaned off a few portraits along this corridor to keep but I have also put photos of us in ornate frames as well as on all of the fireplaces. It isn't really a tradition wizards seem to keep but the Dursley's always had tonnes of photos of their family, not me of course. I used to dream of filling my home with pictures of my family one day.
Draco pulls back studying the photos with a wide grin on his face.
"It's so beautiful here Harry, so modern and sleek but also so homely. I love the pictures," I wrap my arm around his waist pulling him close. I follow his eyes to a photo Hermione took of us at Christmas. Draco is smiling down at me lovingly and I grin back at him spinning him around as Molly Weasleys music plays in the background, before I pull him close and kisshim deeply. We weren't aware of the photo being taken but we were so happy and i think it really shows the love we feel. I smile sadly as I look to a few photos down seeing a similar photo of my parents. They look so happy too, I never got a home filled with family photos with them. I wonder how they would feel about Draco.