Chapter 30 - Meeting the Parents

—————————-Saturday——————————-
Harry's POV:

"Draco you are worrying too much, it's just dinner," I call from the sofa in his room.  I hear him tut from the bedroom and the flapping of clothes and I roll my eyes turning to Ron and Hermione who are sitting with me trying to get through some homework.
"Is he really that nervous?" Hermione asks not looking up from her page.
"Yeah, he gets stressed with what to wear when he gets nervous."
"Honestly mate, We are all in jeans and jumpers from mum, it's not like anyone is going to care what he looks like," Ron says playing with his quill.
"Well you can be the one to tell him that because I would quite like to keep on living," I say quietly making Ron laugh.
"Have you done your homework Harry? It's getting harder now, I can't believe it's been a month since we started school."
"I have done everything actually. I've never been this productive before but now I practically live with Draco, it's much easier to do all my work on time."
Hermione tuts angrily, "I have been trying to get you to keep up with your work for years and you completely ignored me. But you listen to Draco."
Ron sniggers and I shrug.
"It's different Herm, he motivates me to do work."
"And I didn't. I am always telling you that if you do all your work, then you will do great in your exams and get a good job."
I laugh at her frustration, "yeah but Draco tells me that if I do all my work then I can get in the bath or shower with him. That's much more motivation."
Hermione rolls her eyes and Ron groans.
"You know what though Herm. That sort of motivation might also work on me,"  he says nudging her. She scowls at him flushing bright red.
"How much longer do you think he'll be? I told mum we'd get there at 5ish."
I look towards the bedroom, seeing a pair of jeans fly across the bed.
"It's better not to ask but I'll go see how he is." I get up from the sofa heading to the bedroom and shutting the door behind me.
He flops onto the bed. His hair is swept back it's messy but in a neat and organised way. He looks lovely. He's fingers are lined with rings and I notice small silver clasps around some of his hair.
He is wearing a green shirt and his black pants.
I sit beside him holding his hand.
"It's going to be okay my darling. I want you to know that."
"What if they hate me," he sighs.
"They aren't going to hate you angel, they just don't know you yet. And if they did I'd tell them where to go."
He sits up leaning into me.
"I'm just nervous."
"It's not many new people love, you've met most of them. It's going to be okay. Now let's get you some trousers huh?"
He nods in agreement and I grab some black trousers. He pulls them on and a belt along with some boots.
"Let's not forget something warm," I say summoning his cloak and clasping it around him.
"You look gorgeous," I kiss him gently and he wraps his arms around me, swinging one leg over my body to straddle me without breaking the kiss.
I feel his hands grasping at me and I pull him close too me holding on tightly his cloak draped over us both.

His lips move from mine trailing down my face and onto my neck. He nibbles gently between kisses and I try to control myself.
"I could do this forever," I gasp turning his head so his lips meet mine again.
"You can love. Whenever you want to, forever."
I smile at his words hugging him close and inhaling his scent deeply, I kiss him one more time.
"We should go now angel." He nods in agreement straightening up his clothes and heading to the others, I follow him loving the way he moves.
"All ready?" Ron says clapping his hands together and standing up.
We nod in agreement and he steps towards the fire.
"Mum says to just floo straight there."
I notice Draco gulp and I take his hand in mine holding it tightly as we step into the fire just as Ron and Hermione disappear.
Draco holds me upright as we land in the Burrow and we step out of the fire together seeing only Ron and Hermione in front of us.
"Mum???" Ron calls loudly, "we are here."
Molly comes into the living room grinning widely.
"It's good to see you dear," she says to Ron kissing his cheek before turning to Hermione.
She pulls her into a tight hug kissing her cheek. "You are looking more beautiful everytime I see you," she compliments making Hermione blush.
"Harry dear," she turns to me, pulling me into a crushing hug. "How have you been? It's good to see that you finally look like you are eating." I laugh lightly at her words sensing Draco's nervousness.
"Mum, this is our friend Draco," Ron says smiling at him. "Draco this is my mum."
Draco smiles politely despite Mollys slightly nervous looking expression.
"It's a pleasure to finally meet you properly, mrs Weasley." He says shaking her hand.
She smiles back slightly uncomfortably probably unsure of what to say.
"You too dear."
Ron grins rather contently and I can't help but feel a rush of gratitude towards him. He has come a long way.
"Ginny will be joining us soon. She had to get permission to leave from McGonagall.
Percy and your father are already here. Bill and Fleur should be arriving soon. George said he might not be able to come as he has a meeting," Molly informs us.
"Fleur is coming?" Draco says grinning at me when I nod.
Molly nods too eyeing Draco suspiciously probably slightly confused about his interest.
We follow molly through to the dining room and kitchen. Arthur is sitting at the table and Percy is washing up some plates. He nods curtly at us all not saying anything but that isn't unusual.
"Hello boys, and Hermione," Arthur greets folding his paper.
"How's school been going?"
"It's been going pretty good," I say smiling at Draco.
"Speak for yourself. It's well hard," Ron groans making Hermione tut.
"It's only hard for you because the rest of us do the work," she scolds making Arthur and Draco chuckle.
"How has it been going for you, Mr. Malfoy. Do you know what you'd like to go into?" He says directly to Draco who smiles.
"It's been pretty great so far. Potions is definitely my favourite subject. I hope to go into healing or Potions after school."
Arthur nods knowingly.
"He's amazing at potions. They always turn out so good and he doesn't even always follow the book," Hermione says waving her arms around.
"Ahh well I've told you before Hermione, the book is not always correct." He grins at her and she smiles nudging him.
"Draco's teaching me how he makes things," she says leaning into him, "I've learnt a lot."
"Yes you are getting there love," he says teasingly, wrapping his arm around her.
I notice Molly frowning at him curiously, probably due to it being an interaction with her son's girlfriend. She looks at Ron who just laughs at Hermione's scrunched nose and offended expression.
"What's up you lot? I'm here now you can all stop waiting around," Ginny says grinning as she sways into the room.
Molly laughs and pulls her into a tight hug, kissing her forehead.
"You know you probably could have just sneaked out of my room and not bothered getting permission," Draco says to Ginny as she comes over to us.
"As tempting as that sounds, I, unlike you Ferret don't break the rules," she says sassily. Using one of the jokey nicknames that they have coined in the corridors.
"Hmph I'll believe that when I see it, she-Weasley," he sneers back. I see Molly and Arthur raise their eyebrows in alarm. Molly looks nervous, but Ginny and Draco just break into fits of giggles. She launches herself on him and he grabs her so she doesn't fall as she wraps her legs around him.
I raise my eyebrows at her and she rolls her eyes.
"What you want mum and dad to know that we all like him don't you?" She says very quietly so only Draco and I can hear.
I narrow my eyes at her not liking the way she holds him. Especially because she always says that he is so good looking.
She jumps down and I watch her parents watch the interaction with surprise and confusion.
"Did you owl Krum?" I ask and she smiles nodding.
"Victor Krum the seeker?" Arthur asks and Ginny nods smugly.
"Harry mentioned that he'd quite like to talk to me and after Draco showed me a picture of him now. I had to owl him."
"I'm going to kill you both," Ron says turning to Draco and I glaring. Draco just laughs and pats his arm.
"He isn't my usual type but he's very handsome, and he got me a try out with the harpies," she says making Molly coo and head over to us.
"What's your usual type? I don't think Victor has ever met a Witch who has said that before," I laugh making Draco nod In agreement.
"You know my usual type, tall, blonde. Flamboyant with a huge sense of entitlement and a touch of aggression," she says jokingly and winking at Draco who glares at her.
"If that's supposed to be me then you forgot handsome."
"And intelligent and funny." I add smiling at Draco who smiles back, blushing slightly.