50 - unwell; shelbys

Requested by anonymous

----------

The moment Y/n woke up, she knew that something was wrong. A tense sensation lingered over her head and abdomen. Closing her eyes, she tried to lay still, hoping that it would sustain the ache. A robin flew to her windowsill, its red breast beamed in the morning sunshine. She watched it gently, it took her mind of how unwell she felt.

But the peace she felt didn't last long as someone knocked harshly on her door, scaring the poor robin that flew away. She sighed and looked up at the ceiling for a moment before she muttered a come in. John walked into her room, a big grin on his face.

"You ready for today?" He cheerily asked, Y/n sent him a questioning look. "Ah come on Y/n! It's derby day!" He exclaimed, his loud voice sent shivers down her spine. She closed her eyes and massaged her temples, trying to calm the awful headache that took over her head.

"I don't think that i can come." She winced. John walked towards her, a worried look in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked, placing a hand on his younger sisters forehead.

"I have this awful headache."

"Have you been drinking water?" John asked, making a small smile spread over her lips. Shaking her head, she looked up at her brother. The two of them had always been close, being only two years apart.

"I'll get you some." He got up, hurrying out from the room. Soon Y/n herd several footsteps coming towards the room she laid in. She sighed, bracing herself for the troupe of brothers that soon would march into her room. Their footsteps thundered through the hallway, and soon they appeared in the doorway.

"You alright? John said you feel unwell." Thomas stepped into the room, placing his hand on her forehead as he sat down on the bed next to her. John carefully placed a glass of water on her nightstand.

"I just have an awful headache, maybe i can come, let me try to stand up." She pushed herself out of bed, but regretted it immediately as the world started to spin. She fell towards the floor, but Thomas was quick to catch her, leading her back to the bed. "Perhaps not." She chuckled weakly as Thomas tucked her in.

"We have to cancel, she can't be left alone." John turned to Arthur who nodded briefly, keeping his eyes on his youngest sister.

"Nonsense! Don't let me spoil your plans. Polly can look after me." Y/n calmly said, eyes closed as she massaged the bridge of her nose. "I'll be fine, don't worry." After a couple minutes of convincing her brothers, they agreed to let Polly watch over her while they were away at the derby. As soon as they left her aunt walked into her room, looking at her with soft eyes.

"How are you feeling my darling Y/n." She said as she sat down on the bed next to her, stroking her chin gently.

"Just an awful headache, dizzy and i didn't tell them that i threw up just after the sunrise." Y/n said, Polly's eyes looked deeply into hers.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭 ☆ 𝓹𝓮𝓪𝓴𝔂 𝓫𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼 🎉