42 - changes; shelbys

requested by gtraceor________________________

________________________

Y/n felt sick as she saw her reflection in the mirror. Violet bruises bloomed across her arms and legs. Her eyes were swollen and red from the constant crying. Her skin was pale in lack of nutrients and sunshine.

Falling in love had been wonderful. A joyful and light feeling that made one feel on top of the world, like nothing could ever go wrong. That's how she felt when she fell in love with Ludwig Smith, a beautiful man with ginger hair and hazel eyes, freckles dotting over his cheeks. He had been a dream, so sweet to her. He had even met her brothers, and they enjoyed his company as well.

Everything was fine, until that night.

The pair had just gotten back from the pub and were heading back to their shared apartment. He had one to many drinks and seemed upset. As they walked through the door he went right past her and poured himself yet another glass of whiskey.

"Is something wrong?" Y/n asked, placing a soft hand on his shoulder. He shrugged it off and sat down in a leather armchair.

"What do you think?" He sourly replied, taking a large gulp of the beverage. She looked at him, wondering what had happened for him to be upset. He sighed deeply before continuing to speak. "That peaky boy, he couldn't keep his eyes off you." He spat, sending a nasty glare her way.

"Who? Isaiah?"

"So you know his name, you fuck him too?" He looked at her over the edge of the glass, eyes seemingly darker than they were before.

"What?! No!" She exclaimed. "You know how my brothers are, they just sent someone to look after me. Nothing more."

"Don't give me that bullshit. Why didn't they show up themselves then?" He stood up and walked close to her. He grabbed her chin harshly, forcing her to look up at him. "Can't answer that huh?"

"Ludwig, please-" Tears began building up in her eyes, vision blurry as she kept her gaze on him.

"Shut your mouth." He said through clenched teeth. "You thought you could hide your lover from me? Pathetic slag." He spat, grip tightening around her chin. In this moment she was afraid of him and what he would do.

"It's not like tha-" He struck her across the face as she spoke.

"I told you to shut your fucking mouth." He said before storming out of the room, leaving Y/n heartbroken and alone.

He apologised the same night, crawling back to her. And she forgave him, she assumed that he had been drinking to much alcohol and that it had twisted his mind. But the abuse continued, even when he was sober. She tried to hide it, and she thought that she had succeeded in doing so, but a certain pair of eyes saw right through her.

Thomas had kept a close eye on his youngest sister. He had noticed that something was wrong, but he couldn't figure out what it was. Y/n had been much more quiet than usual, the bright aura that surrounded her had faded. She kept her gaze down and dressed in dark clothes.