48 - unfaithful; michael gray & thomas shelby*

requested by; @zxaixns

This is a long one, so buckle up.
________________

Falling out of love is a prolapse that can be painful, but also peaceful. Fighting for a love that is nonexistent will only break you more, it's better to just let it go.

It's a bittersweet phenomena, the beautiful memories that two people share wither like ash, disappearing in the wind.

Y/n and Thomas married young, two young adults who believed that they were bound for one another, the two of them against the world. But throughout the years the passionate love faded.

Thomas was the first one to show the signs, he stopped doing the small gestures that no one but Y/n noticed. Lovelorn and lost she tried to make him love her again, but he had already fallen for someone else.

Golden hair and pure blue eyes, Grace was the most beautiful woman to step foot in Birmingham.

Y/n couldn't help but to feel defeated, she could never compete with a woman like Grace. She would cry to herself as Thomas stayed away during the night, laying in her arms.

After a year, Y/n stopped fighting for Thomas' love, it was simply to draining for her. Tommy would never love her back again and she knew that.

Grace died, and that got her hopes up. Thomas started coming to her again, but only for sex. It was always cold and harsh, never as loving as it was before.

The years passed, but their love never ignited again. They lived in the same house, just different rooms. When either of them felt lonesome they would go to the other.

Y/n longed for a passionate love again, but Thomas had shut his emotions off completely.

But then Michael visited Birmingham over Christmas. The night had been joyful, Y/n enjoyed spending time with the Shelby family. She and Michael were left alone for a moment, and that's where it happened.

Y/n knew that Michael had taken an interest in her the first time they met. But he couldn't make a move, she was married to his own cousin, and boss.

But he knew the current situation Y/n and Thomas were in. That's why he did it, kissed her. At first she pushed him away, it felt wrong but also right at the same time. But then she pulled him into a kiss again, letting her needing side win.