01 - little sister; shelbys

You finished applying your red lipstick and smiled at your reflection

You finished applying your red lipstick and smiled at your reflection. You were going to a party with your friend Charlotte. But of course your brothers wouldn't know that, you would tell them that you were going to the pictures with said friend.

Being the youngest sister of the Shelby's had its perks, being watched almost all the time, having your brothers questioning everything you do. You were 19, yet they still treated you as a child sometimes. But you loved them terribly and without thinking about it you would protect and defend them from anything bad.

You went down the stairs, your brothers all seated by the long table in the main room.

"I'm off." You said, grabbing your coat from one of the hangers. Your turned around and came face to face with your three older brothers studying your appearance. "What?" You said, looking down at your red dress underneath your black coat.

"Where are ya off too?" Arthur asked, crossing his arms.

"Charlotte and i are going to the pictures! I told you the other day." You exclaimed and rolled your eyes. "I'll be fine alright? I'll be home by ten."

"Nine, you'll be home by nine." Thomas said and you sighed with a nod.

"Sure nine. Can i go now?"

"Yeah, be careful."

"Always are." You said before walking out the door. You almost bumped into Charlotte when you walked out. "Oh my! Charlotte! You almost scared me to death!" You laughed and engulfed your friend in a hug.

"Y/n! Did you manage to get out!? I thought you weren't allowed." She laughed.

"I lied, said we were going to the pictures. Hopefully they wont figure it out." You said, smirking slightly at her shocked face.

"You lied! Little daredevil!" She said in her thick accent, laughing slightly. "It's just down this alley i think, yeah, right there." She pointed towards an open door further down the street, it looked a bit sketchy but you didn't want to let her down since she had been going on about this party the whole week.

You walked through the door, the smell of cigar smoke and whiskey was extravagant and the room was filled with men in suits and slicked back hair. Only a few more females were there, each having their arms wrapped around a man.

You and Charlotte started walking through the crowd, towards a small bar that was located further into the space. Without even opening your mouths two glasses of whiskey were placed in front of the two of you. You giggled slightly before taking it all in one big chug. The short lad quickly refilled your glass and you turned to look at the scenery in front of you.

A pair of amber eyes caught yours. They were almost glistening in the dim lighting. Charlotte was already chatting away with a boy next to you, it was easy for her with her bright eyes, light hair and inviting smile. But you were a Shelby, you weren't supposed to look inviting and friendly. The man walked towards you, a smirk on his lips as he held eye contact with you. At last he leaned his back against the counter next to you.