19 - old lovers; michael gray

Caspian Harris

Caspian Harris

"Caspian!" You squealed as your fiancé kissed your neck feverishly. "We have to get going! The train will be leaving by six."

Caspian groaned loudly as he rolled off you, laying on his back. You got up and straightened your dress. Looking down at him, his long dark hair spread over a pillow, the blazer of his brown suit unbuttoned, you scolded him gently.

He giggled slightly before he too stood up and buttoned his blazer before he grabbed his hat and put out his arm for you to grab, which you immediately did. He opened the door to your shared apartment and the two of you stepped out into the warm summer afternoon. The walk towards the train was pleasant, filled with laughter.

You had been together with Caspian for almost a year now, and the week before he asked you to be his bride. The day had been filled with joy, and you felt happy, even though you felt like it was wrong. Did you really want to spend the rest of your life with Caspian?

No, you didn't, another man had stolen your heart two years ago, and he grasped it tightly in his hand, never giving it back.

The train finally arrived at its destination, Birmingham. The city that it seemed like god had forgotten, smitten with crime and coal. But it was the place that you called home. Every street bore a memory, and as you and Caspian walked closer towards your childhood home you realised just how much you had missed it.

Caspian knocked at the wooden door, smiling at you as he took a few steps back. The door slowly opened and you herd your mother squeal happily before embracing you, and then Caspian.

"Oh my goodness! What are you two doing here?!" She asked, a large smile plastered on her face.

"We have an announcement to make." You said, showing her your left hand, wiggling the finger that had a ring on it. Your mother gasped loudly before embracing you again.

"Oh my! Congratulations, congratulations! Vernon! Come quick!" She shouted into the house, and a moment later heavy footsteps was herd. Your step-father appeared next to your mother, smiling brightly as he saw you and Caspian. "Look here! They ought to get married!" Your mother said, grabbing your hand, showing your father the ring on your finger.