Chapter 197: Distress Calls

Start from the beginning

Crystal: (Shakes her head before walking up to a blackboard.) Hopefully someone comes back for resources and sees this message-

Garmadon: You have known my son for far longer than I have, Light Ninja. (He walks up to Crystal who turns around.) Are you absolutely sure that I can not have... "complassion?"

Crystal: (She pauses before picking up a piece of chalk.) I'm not exactly...sure. (Garmadon looks at her, confused.) Look, Lloyd believes that you are an Oni.

Garmadon: That I am.

Crystal: (She starts writing on the blackboard.) And according to Lloyd's knowledge of the Oni, since our last encounter with them back during the Oni Invasion, he believes that they are incapable of caring, or "complassion" if you will. (Continues writing.) All they do is destroy. Because of that, it really isn't any wonder that Lloyd doesn't want to embrace his Oni side. 

Garmadon: And what about you, Light Ninja?

Crystal: (She looks back.) What do you mean?

Garmadon: Do you choose to ignore your Powers' Oni Side because of the same reason my son believes in?

Crystal: (Bites her lip.) I just don't think Destruction can be used for good, because throughout history, that's been proven time and time again. And against the Overlord, I think we're going to need more help than any Elemental Power.  

(Crystal puts the chalk down, looking at the message on the blackboard, as Garmadon stares at her in thought. Lloyd walks up to them.)

Lloyd: I did a double take, no one's here. And the only exit they could've took was the one we used to get in. 

Crystal: Let's just go then. I left a message for the Serpentine, we'll just have to have faith that someone sees it.

Lloyd: Yeah, but at this rate, I doubt anyone will ever— (They hear a crash.) Did you hear that? 

Crystal: (Smiles.) Maybe someone's still here. 

Lloyd: Yeah, Come on!

(Lloyd and Crystal run off as Garmadon watches them. He looks in his hands and closes his eyes before leaving Christofern on the table and following the Ninja. Meanwhile, at the harbor, Jay and Nya face the Vengestone Guards in a truck.)

Jay: Remind me, does Vengestone sink or float? (Nya places a brick on the accelerator.) Let's do an experiment to find out! (They leap out just before the truck drives off the pier, taking the guards with it.) Finally! Now, send the signal, and— what's wrong?

Nya: I don't know if I can do this. My powers are barely there, Jay.

Jay: I believe in you.

Nya: (Looks at him unamused.) You're just saying that because you're my Yin.

Jay: I'm saying it because it's true! I've seen you do amazing, impossible things. I've seen you ride whales, and fight dragons, and command the sea! You can do this.

(Nya smiles, then leaps onto a crate. She places her hands in the sea and attempts to make contact.)

Jay: Did it work?

Nya: I don't know. But I hope so.

(While, in the city, Blazey narrates herself as she races through the streets. Vinny hangs onto Cole in the passenger seats while Kai is tossed into Skylor in the back seats, grunting.)