my professor: sugarnspice81

★★★☆
finished: august 4, 2023
random number: 396

if i thought that reading a book for two weeks was long, i must have forgotten how stressful and tiring it can be to try to manage my time between getting good grades, completing all school assignments, having no failing scores, having so many people to watch on youtube, and now, plus having to study for my ielts exam that is coming up in 4 months.

when i started this book, i was very sure that i would be giving it a 4 star, but the more that i read, the more that this book really is nothing special. and i don't mean it in a bad way, of course. it's just that i've read a couple teacher and student romance that is like this.

and also, i do not understand the time jumps? why does the author keep skipping the best parts and leaving us with an unneeded amount of detail on the smut? like there's this one scene where the action was finally happening, and the resolution was one paragraph long? we're building up this book to that? seriously? there's also other scenes that i can't mention here due to it being a spoiler.

the conflict of the book is very interesting but i think it focuses too much on that rather than just them being a teacher and a student. you know when authors just have too many ideaa and decided to throw them into a book, it definitely has overshadowed that plot itself.

and also, i don't understand why the author even bother to make this an age gap. yeah, it is mentioned, but it adds absolutely nothing to the story. they didn't think that's an issue, just mentioning it as if it's nothing, and the reaction of her dad was very underwhelming.

anyway, back to the smut, the main thing that we really look forward in here is that, at least for me lol. and if you're looking for a really spicy one that is very easy to read about, this is definitely the right choice. i found myself clenching my thighs in those scenes, especially when he talks so freaking dirty, yes sir.

honestly, i don't remember much since i've been reading this so slowly as you can probably tell. but i definitely enjoyed the book in general and i also found the two main characters to be very hot lol.

ohh, another thing that i look forward to when reading a teacher and student romance is that i wished there was this huge tension in class, the fear of people finding out, but he just acted as if he doesn't care since he's previllaged.