beautifully damned: spicyfanatic

★★★★
finished: february 25th, 2023
random number: 373

what an entertaining book this is!! this is the book when people say it very much gives off wattpad vibes lol, and not in a bad way at all!! i love the nostalgic feeling that comes out of it and just truly was immersed in the story line.

it's not a super unique book, never have been done before, or anything. but i feel like it'll be a good book to just come back to relax, since it does not require a lot of brain power and just binge reads.

the dynamics between these two are immaculate!! the amount of care, passion, and love they have for each other, YES SIR!! i want that!! maxime is the type of guy that set my barriers even higher than it already is.

there are definitely some flaws too, though. one being, alright, i know this is a very me thing, and some people wouldn't mind it as much as i do, but there is a specific trope that i didn't like, which i'm not going to mention in case you might want to pick it up.

the beginning of the book was pretty mid though, i'd say. i was expecting it to be a 3.5 since it's just so cliche in a sense. but once i connect and ended up falling in love with these two, that's it. that's the turn. i couldn't put it down.

another thing that i didn't like is why does maxime not go to therapy again? boy, your girl tried to heal herself for six months in a secluded place, and you're there in france fucking your employee? umm... i don't know about that.