greatest pleasure: bre_anna02

★★★
finished: january 29, 2023
random number: 270

i've mentioned this multiple times, and i'll mention it again. i'm a very character driven reader. and these characters just don't hit. both the stormi and kaden.

although the plot got me turning the pages, there are just points where the characters got me cringing so hard. like in the first chapter. i would say that in theory, it is such a dream to be with your childhood best friend.

but kaden goes as far as changing his appearance, what language he learns, and so much more just to please her. dude, you haven't met her in 16 years!! her type might as well change. what you expect from a six-year-old talking about their type. thankfully, it doesn't, for some reason.

honestly, i loved how action packed this book is, as a mafia book should be. in 2023, i'm planning on reading at least half an hour before i went to sleep. and that half an hour, felt absolutely like nothing when i was reading those scenes.

i wouldn't say that this book is an amazing one, at least to me, but it's not bad either. i genuinely really enjoyed the book by how entertaining and fun it is.

i feel like sometimes stormi makes the worst decision ever with the reason she's trying to protect everybody, while clearly kaden and her past experience made it clear as hell, that it's the worst decision ever. but the other times, i'll admit, she can also be very smart, which i was actually quite shocked lol.

i don't know what it is but i was expecting way less from this book. i thought it would just involve him being extra protective because she's his. which i'm not 100% wrong either. but he turns out to be pretty decent as a main character. he's definitely not my fave, not even close, but he's not the worse, he's a mid.

i don't think i need to say it anymore, but i won't be continuing on the second book, with romeo being the main character. although i do really love his character, it's just not enough for me to read the book.