bosses and butterflies: goldmelanin17

★★★☆
finished: may 7th, 2023
random number: 11

YASS!! finally another poly book! lately, i've been dying to read a poly book, and i'm just so glad that i got one!! honestly, this book reminds me so much of fantasy from the same author and i also gave that one a 3.5.

i'm also so happy that i got to read fantasy before this one since there's a crossover between the two. i wouldn't necessarily say that you should read that one before this one, because even without reading fantasy, it'll still make sense, it's just a very small plot.

this isn't the most outstanding book that i've ever read by any means, but this book gripped my attention so well that i barely did anything except reading during the weekend, and even after school.

when i came across a goldmelanin book, i just knew that it was going to be good, with the iconic cliffhangers on every single chapter that just kept me saying, just one more chapter lol.

but honestly, i remember reading fantasy and saying that that one consists of so many sex scenes that the plot itself got covered up, but with this one, i think it's a very good balance.

another thing that i loved so much about this book is how distinct one character is from the other. i didn't get one character mixed up with the other like i used to with other books which just enhance the reading experience so much in my opinion.

but one thing that i noticed about her book is that, yeah, sure, there are still things going on in the first half or so, but the real drama just started in the three-quarter mark. and i just wished we get more of that throughout the book.

and yeah, there's no way that i don't have a favorite, because clearly, phoenix is my favorite among the three. i thought miller is going to be my favorite considering he's the oldest, and most of the time, i lean more towards my hot old daddy. but, phoenix just reminds me so much of killian, and if you've been here for awhile, then you know he's my favorite, no offense.

so the ranking for me is, phoenix, everest, then miller. miller is still super hot and all, but he's more of the safer choice, you know the guy that you would want to be your real boyfriend in real life, which reminds me so much of enzo!!

everest, he always got me smiling giddily all around, the things that this man says and do, just shows it very clearly that he's the youngest, but still not to be messed with.