63. Getting the Upper Hand

Start from the beginning

"C'mon guys, you aren't really scared by a gun in his hand right? He's probably never even seen one before. He's bluffing. He won't shoot" he said.

Walter's right. I have no idea how to shoot a gun. But I can't let them know that.

"I know how to use it and I WILL use it if it becomes necessary" I said.

"Go ahead Callum, let me see how well you can use it" Walter challenged me and then high fived Alyssa.

Everyone looked much more relaxed now. They had all believed Walter's words and weren't worried anymore that I'd actually shoot.

I looked at Walter who still had a victory smirk on his face. Rage filled each and every nerve of mine.

Everything that he has ever done to me, everything he has done in these past couple days in this dungeon; I remembered all of it.

My hands, that were shaking in fear, now started shaking in anger. All the emotions I had bottled up for 26 years just came out altogether.

I unlocked the gun's safety like I had seen in movies and without another thought, I shot.

My entire body jerked back with the recoil effect of the gun, but I caught myself.

A scream that echoed in the room caught my attention. I looked back to see that I had actually shot him. I shot Walter in his right thigh. He grunted in pain and fell down.

But no matter what, I felt no regret. In fact, I felt happy that I finally defended myself. I felt happy, that my tormentor was now suffering.

"What is wrong with you?!" dad shouted as he tried to walked towards me. I quickly pointed my gun at him again.

"See? I can shoot. Now untie them before I decide to shoot someone in their chest" I warned. I have no idea where this is coming from.

Dad gulped and there was fear in his eyes. He looked at Harry who also looked equally scared.

"Okay. Put the gun down and we'll untie them" Harry said. But I shook my head. "Untie them first" I demanded.

They looked like they wanted to argue with me, so I did the next best thing I could think of.

I slowly walked towards Alyssa, while arguing with the two. She was crouched down near Walter, trying to stop his bleeding.

I fisted her hair and pulled her up. Alyssa whimpered in pain and struggled to get out of my grip.

"You son of a bitch! Let my sister go!" Walter screamed. But I knew that screaming, is the only thing he can do.

I pointed the gun at Alyssa's head and said, "Untie them, or I'll shoot." Everyone looked scared now.

I pulled away a little from Walter and stood back. "NOW!" I said and pulled off the gun's safety again.

"Okay, okay. Don't shoot. We're doing it" Sandra said and looked at dad and Harry pleadingly. I guess she really loved her daughter.

Dad and Harry gave up and untied the girls. Gianna was the least one hurt, so she quickly pulled everyone together.

"Gianna, tie them in the shackles" I said. "What? No!" dad refused. I pushed the gun further into Alyssa's head.

"What did you say?" I threatened. "Paul please! He'll kill her" Sandra cried. She was actually crying now, with real tears in her eyes.

Why did that feel so good?

I watched as Gianna put both Harry and dad in the same shackles her and mom were in.

"Put Sandra in my shackles" Irene spoke. She was the most bruised, so she couldn't do anything.

She was laying in mom's lap watching everything as mom tried to soothe out her pain. I just wanted to go and hug her. But now wasn't the time.

Sandra didn't resist at all. She just quietly sat there looking with fear towards me while Gianna cuffed her wrists.

Sandra actually looked scared for the life of both her children. One was bleeding a lot, while the other had a gun at her forehead.

"Stop" I said when Gianna started cuffing Sandra's legs. She looked at me confused. I nodded towards Myra and said, "Put her in them."

Myra looked completely broken. She wasn't scared, but she looked so angry and so very heartbroken. I guess she actually loved Harry.

She also didn't resist while going into the restraints. I stopped Gianna again and told her to put Alyssa in the other leg restraint.

I pushed Alyssa towards her just like Walter had pushed me into this room. She quickly grabbed her and tied her up.

Finally, I took a breath of relief. Now everyone was tied up and I don't think Walter can walk.

Walter. The guy I called my brother. I looked back at him and his bleeding had stopped by now.

But I was so angry. I wanted my revenge. I wanted him to beg me like how I had begged him all these days.

It's my turn now.