10. Kids

Callum's POV:

I opened my eyes slowly, only find myself in a completely different room. I had passed out on the stage after the scene. I don't remember being untied or being brought here.

"Oh, you're finally up!" I looked to my left to find Nova smiling at me. I tried sitting up, but Nova immediately stopped me.

"Just lay down and relax Callum, you're in aftercare" she said. I obeyed and she came and sat beside me.

"Are you...still upset?" I asked hesitantly. The smile on her face said she wasn't, but I wanted to confirm.

Nova smiled at me and said, "I'm not. You took that punishment really well. I'm proud of you."

Her words made me feel better about myself. I was glad I pleased her. But then, Nova's smile dropped.

"What is it?" I asked. She looked at me with sad eyes. "Our contract is over" she stated.

"I thought it got over tomorrow?" I asked, shocked by what she just said. "Callum....it's the next morning" Nova said as she went and opened the curtains.

The sunlight immediately hit my eyes and I had to look the other way. Once adjusted, I looked back.

The sun shone brightly in the sky as the trees swayed with the light wind. "Oh, it is" I murmured to myself, trying to believe that everything was over.

Then I looked at Nova who was standing there with her head down. "Do you not want it over?" I asked her.

She immediately shook her head. "It's not that. I really love Martin and he's the only one I want to be with. But...." she trailed off.

"But what?" I asked. "Your family" she whispered. Nova knew about my family. I had never hidden anything about them from her.

She knew about all the torturous days and loveless nights. She knew exactly what I craved.

"I feel bad for leaving you like this. I really care for you Callum, but I don't love you" she said.

I knew she cared for me. I didn't doubt that for a second. "I know. And I want you to know that you are doing nothing wrong" I smiled at her.

"Just because I didn't get love from my family, doesn't mean I have the right to steal it from someone else. I'm happy for you Nova" I said.

"You could talk to your wife" she said abruptly. "Huh?" I was puzzled by such a suggestion.

"I mean, she is your wife right? So maybe try and work things out with her I guess?" her voice was unsure. I sighed.

"I've tried. She doesn't want to" I said. This conversation got very awkward very fast.

"Oh okay. Are you hungry?" Nova asked, changing the subject. I mentally thanked her for doing that.

"Is it still your duty to take care of me now that the contract is over?" I questioned. "I'd like to take care of you as a friend" she said.

I smiled at that. "So we're still friends?" I asked. "Of course! I'll even call you to my wedding!" she exclaimed.

"Wedding?" I was surprised. "Oh no silly! Not now! I meant, whenever I do get married, I'll call you" she chuckled.

We had a good conversation after that and Nova left to go get some food. As I waited, I decided to sit up. I was tired of laying down.

"Fuck!" I couldn't stop the curse as it left my mouth. Irene had done a great job of making sure I couldn't sit properly.