Chap. 44; Down, Down, To Goblin Town

Start from the beginning

"We're not gonna die." Steve said but Lauren couldn't even take a second to eknowlage what he was saying next.

"It's what you just said isn't it?"

"We're gonna find a way out, Lo." Lauren turned her head to look at the boy.

"Sure, what's your next great idea, Dustin? Want to go dig a hole to North Korea? Hear they hate us now, too. Should be easy were already got a mile deep headstart." She wasn't trying to be a bitch the word were just coming out, falling out. She was scared. Not for her necessarily, she was scared for everybody else in the room despite having yelled at all of them in the last few minutes. "We're gonna die down here." She was just telling it how she saw it at this point.

"Not necessarily. We could always climb out." The boy pointed up at a hatch on the roof.

"You're kidding, right?" Lauren asked they had fallen forever, and climbing doesn't sound that smart. While she was saying this Steve and Dustin were already climbing the storage shelf opening the hatch. "We feel for like thirty seconds we fall a hell of a lot faster than we can climb." Neither girls said anything. "I'm not wrong, am I."

"Not at all." Steve's feet hit the shelf and began climbing down, followed by Dustin.

"Yeah, so. There is no climbing unless one of us can levitate." Lauren nodded softly, squizing the back of her arm.

"Great." Lauren sighed, leaning on the fall sliding down admitted defeat. As far as she could see there was no getting out of this kike there was with ever other battle in here if she was trapped in a box with nothing to fight for everyone's survival.

"We can always sleep on it to quote someone... maybe, goods night's rest good new refreshed mind." All for people staired at the boy Unamused. Defeated, he slid down the wall. Robin sat down next to Dustin, Erica sat in the arms of Lauren Steve sat down on the ground between the two separate groups.

It wasn't long around a forty-five minutes of silence that there was a smallest peep of a sond with Steve's shoe squecking on the ground. Erica was lying down in a deep sleep in the arms of the girl who defended her. Dustin lay in his back with his arms and legs crossed with his baseball cap over his face. Robin stared at the ceiling and the whole that was in it that led to nothing but the tunnel that brought them down there.

Steve looked down at Lauren, holding the little girl's vosy cloths to hers, casting a shadow in her face. Lauren's eye peeked open to see him and hus questioning face. A quick little nod if the head was all he needed to lay on the other side of Lauren with his arm around her.

It remained quiet, just peaceful, while Steve's finger played with him of Lauren's white dress that she chose to wear on the wrong day. Steve pressed a soft kiss to Lauren's shoulder, making ber unabke to not talk to him anymore. "You guys can't die." She whispered to Steve so only he could hear.

"We won't." He kissed her again. "Erica's has to get to her uncles party. Dustin's got to start his freshman year. You and Robin got to graduate, and all of that will happen, don't worry." He returned the quiet whispered.

"I am worried Steve why the fuck did we come down here without anyone with out my dad the real government? Why do we have to be the heroes again. I getting pretty tired of it. We didn't sign up to join DC comics."

"I know, I know, it sounded fun at first, but it'd basically suicide at this point." Lauren's eyes and head turned a little to look at the boy.

"Hey I good at surviving suicide attempts maybe we will make it out."

"Hahaha that's not funny." Steve pretend to laugh at her joke.

"It's kind of funny." Steve shook his had.