"No, don't stop."

"But he's literally twenty feet way." Lauren hit him on the chest.

"Fucking tease." Steve put his finger in his mouth making Lauren even more fluttered. "Hate you."

"No you don't." He shook his head. "Can I take off your bra?" Lauren rolled her eyes. He never asked he was just teasing her.

"If it gets you hard and you do something about it. Yeah. If not no."

"I don't know about that." He reached over, grabbing the clasp of her bra. She shook her head at him, and she smiled at her just for her to shake her head again. He let go, dropping his hands back to her thigh. "My parents aren't home like usual." She grabbed the shirt on the bed and threw it back on. Standing up. "I don't think I've seen you move so fast."

"Well, let's go, sailor." She grabbed the red tie on his uniform, pulling him up and out of the room.

"Oh Steve, leaving so soon?" Jim said, not mad at all.

"We are going to get some food, dad." He looked over at the clock on the wall.

"I don't think so. It's almost nine thirty. You should probably get going anyway."

"Dad It's not like I have school. Please, I don't have a job to wake up for anymore." He grunted at his daughter.

"Fine, be home before midnight." She came and hugged him from behind the recliner.

"Okay, love you." She grabbed Steve's hand, walking out the door hopping in his car. The car had Lauren's love songs cassette in the starting We'll Meet Again midway through.

"I know you like It but this song is so damn creepy." He looked over at her, pulling out of the makeshift driveway.

"Yeah no, yeah, it is so creepy. Have you ever read Lambs to the Slaughter?" She looked over at her, bringing her legs to her chest.

"Hop, I don't read. I just listen to you read so if you haven't read it to me, I haven't."

"It's a short story. Whatever. Well, it's about a pregnant woman who's complete and utterly in love with her husband, but one night, he comes home and says he's leaving her. She's just insisting on having a sense of normalcy. She gets a lamb leg to cook him for dinner, but he gets all goddamn mad, and rightfully so she hit him with the frozen meat..." She stops talking, realizing she's going on one of her rants.

"Is that all I get? Keep going."

"Okay, well, she killed him with it. Then she was trying to get away with it, so she went to the grocery store to "get stuff for dinner," but it's more of like an alibi. Personally, I think it's for the her child, not for her. So it has a normal life. Seeing as its father would be dead and the mother would be in jail, you know. But she comes back and pretends to find him dead like someone else did it, so she calls the police. Well, she convinced the cops investigating to eat the lamb. Well, with all of that, in short, that reminds me of this song." She finished just in time for the song to end. Steve nodded.

"I can see it, for sure." He looked from the road back over to her. "I used to really hate that?"

"What?"

"You and you're overanalyzing shit like that and your little dumb tangents."

"And what makes you like them now?"

"The way you get excited about them even if they are about the most random things. Maybe it because it's not about me anymore."

"You were an dick. I'm sorry, let me rephrase. Are you a dick."