Chap. 30; The Guide to The Perfect Weekend

Start from the beginning

"You are so annoying. Couldn't you have let me catch one?"

"I gave you about twenty chances. You're going to be here all weekend, and you will have more chances." Lauren stood in between his legs again, looking up at him. "Want to watch a movie?"

"Yeah, sure." They went into the living room, Steve opened the cabinet full of VSHs before he went to sit on the couch. "You're not going to help me pick?"

"No, yeah, I am, just from here." Lauren looked into the cabinet and pulled out the Sixteen Candles tape and tossed it to him. He shook his head.

"No. I already see Walt enough. I don't need to see his look alike." Lauren looked at him confused.

"What?" Steve tossed her the tape. She looked down at it, still confused. "What?"

"The nerd he looks like Walt?"

"No, it doesn't. You're on something. They look nothing alike."

"Hop you're on something they are like twins." She shook her head, looking back at the movies. She listed Midnight Madness, Footloose, Carrie, and Grease just for him to say no. "I thought you wanted to watch a movie, but you saying no to all of them."

"Because I've already seen them and didn't like them."

"You didn't like footloose?"

"No, I thought the pastor's daughter was a bitch."

"That is a far point. " She turned back, looking at the movies. "Oh, The Outsiders."

"Why? Want to watch you, Matt Dillon."

"Yes and my Rob Lowe, Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, my little Mr. Swayze."

"Do you want to fuck everyone in that movie?"

"You bet your ass if I was in that friend group I'd be passed around like a mother fucking joint and I would not give two fucking shits."

"I thought you were not a slut," Lauren rolled her eyes at him.

"Oh my god, you're so annoying I'm not a slut you are literally the only person I've ever had sex with."

"I know, I was just trying to piss you off, but pick a different movie. I don't like that one." Lauren threw her head back with a grunt.

"Why?" She whined.

"It's sad." Lauren rolled her eyes again going back to the movies for the millionth time. "What to watch a horror movie?"

"Whore? What like porn? You want to watch porn?"

"What hell no."

"Horror like Micheal Myers stabby stab."

"Horror?" Steve asked.

"Yeah. Horror."

"Hop, you are saying whore." Lauren nodded.

"Yeah, horror."

"Hop it's horror it's two syllables. Like whore-or. Not whore."

"Whatever."

She looked around and saw Alice in Wonderland immediately pulling it out, not caring whether he said yes or no. "What is it?"

"Alice in Wonderland. I haven't seen it since me and Sara were really little. So if you don't want to watch it you can respectfully fuck off." She turned on the TV and the VCR posing in the movie before sitting down next to Steve. He grabbed a blanket setting over top of the two. Lauren leaned her head on his shoulder and he leaned on her head.

The movie played from the beginning while Steve and Lauren watched. They saw Alice fall down a rabbit hole, her take to an all-knowing caterpillar, get called ugly by some bitchy flowers, and get cheated out of a win in crochet. "I want to be like Alice going into a wonderland or just out of regular life."