Chap 18; Dumpster Divers

Start from the beginning

"I don't want them."

"I don't care."

"Hey. What the hell? Hey!" Steve yelled at the two.

"Nancy isn't home."

"Where is she?"

"Doesn't matter. We have bigger problems than your love life. Do you still have that bat?"

"Bat? What bat?"

"The one with the nails?"

"I'll explain it on the way." Dustin opened the back door.

"On the way to where? I'm not going anywhere with that asshole. Without Nancy to mediate. Not again." She motioned at Steve.

"No way I'm taking this bitch, without Nancy to mediate. Not again." He mocked her.

"Oh fuck you."

"Fuck you." He did it again.

"If you mock me one more time I'm going to…"

"Going to what?"

"Wrap my hands around your…"

"Oh, kinky."

"Is not letting people finish something you're good at? Because I was talking with Nancy."

"That was one time."

"That's not what she told me."

"Both of you get in the goddamn car. God you guys are acting like a bunch of children." Dustin yelled at the two.

"I'm sitting in the back." Lauren walked around the door switching seats. She threw her backpack in the seat, spilling out. "Shit." Steve got in the car pulling the car out of the colisac. She shoved the pills, tampons, her wallet, and chocolate in the bag.

"Give me one of those." Lauren looked at the boy weird.

"Umm okay?" She pulled one of the tampons from the box, handing it to a boy in the passenger seat. "Here." She waved it around to get his attention.

"Eww not one of those, the chocolate." He said, swatting it back at her.

"Oh no, those for Nancy."

"Umm is Nancy here right now?" She rolled her eyes, handing it to the boy up front.

"Where am I going Henderson?" Steve asked.

"My house."

"Boy, I don't know where you live."

"The first right of thirty sixth street." He nodded, taking a left. The car sat quiet for about thirty seconds until Steve asked,

"So umm Hop? You guys really talk about that stuff?" He looked from the road to the rearview mirror looking at Lauren.

"Oh relax Harrington you can keep your masculinity, she won't tell me anything." He nodded at her looking back at the road. "But you should know Nancy likes tulips not roses just for future reference. " Lauren said she always corrected him of stuff like that. One to be a bitch to him maybe undermind him a little. Two because despite whoever it may be Lauren wants Nancy to have a boyfriend that gets the little things right. Thats what she deserves.

"No she likes roses."

"Um no she doesn't Harrington,  I know what my bestfriend likes and thats not roses."

"And I know my girlfriend she likes roses. You're the one that loves Tulips, Hop." When Lauren thought about it he was right Nancy liked roses. It was the sent of her perfume and what she had ask Lauren to paint her for one of her birthdays. Maybe she was so eager to prove him wrong she was wrong and projected her favorite on top Nancy.