Chapter 20

I spent my days looking at my ceiling, drifting in and out of sleep. I haven't bothered to change, shower, eat, let alone text or call anyone back, and I couldn't tell you what day or time it was or how I was feeling.

For the first few days, my phone rang and buzzed multiple times throughout the day until it completely stopped, probably because I haven't bothered to charge my phone yet.

Someone stopped by the house a few days ago, but I didn't bother to look out the window, and I couldn't leave my room to see who it was since my door was locked.

Dana had locked my door after I saw her coming out of the basement with a merely empty dog food bowl. I never cared to go down there. It was fairly empty and creepy the last time I saw it.

At this point, I didn't even want a dog anymore if there was even a dog. Maybe I wasn't meant to have anything or anyone more than Dana. If she actually had a dog down there, I hoped it was ok until I could find it another home. A home with happy owners. One where they can go on long strolls. One where their home wasn't a giant cage. A home where abuse wasn't even a thought.

I haven't completely accepted that this is and will probably be the rest of my life, but as each day passes, my little bit of hope I had before dims more and more. 

Mays journal:

I feel like a tiny firefly. I feel like I'm supposed to do something great. I know I can spread my wings, and I'm ready to fly, yet I'm kept in a small jar, expected to do the same things and not deteriorate. But what my captor doesn't realize is that eventually, my light will die, and so will I.

Whether for protection or selfish reasons, the beautifully captured firefly will be no longer. Its light will dim, it will lower, and it will be all over. 

🥀🥀🥀

A/N: I know this chapter is extremely short, so I will be uploading another chapter directly after this one. Thank you for reading, and I hope you still found it interesting even though it was quite short. 

-Nia 💛

Q&A:

1) Did you like this chapter?

2) Do you think May is getting a dog?

( ゚д゚)つ Bye