Chapter 12

"Get out," He said lowly. Somehow, I knew he wasn't talking to me.

For those few seconds, I forgot there were other people in the room until I heard some shuffling.

"Let's go May...." Hunter lightly tugged on my arm.

"Don't tell me this is the crazy chick that jumped in front of your car and went through your phone?" I flicked my eyes to the guy that is now standing next to Valon.

He had short brown hair and brown eyes, and he was slightly shorter than Valon, making him my height. He wasn't exactly short because I was really tall. Similar to Valon, his arms barely fit his shirt because of how jacked his arms were, which definitely added to his size.

"You must be River, the obnoxious best friend," I bit back. Hunter looked at me in disbelief and then glanced towards River.

"Touche," He said as he looked towards Hunter, which caused her to look at the floor. Usually, I'm the shy and awkward one. What in the freaky Friday was going on?

"I like her," River said as he looked back at me. He nudged Valon, who was now staring down at something. I followed his eye to see him staring at the gun I was holding. I had dropped my arms when Hunter pulled me, making it very obvious I was holding a gun.

"Get out." Valon repeated harshly, locking eyes with me. His look toward me grew darker, I'm not sure what it was before, but I can definitely tell he was irritated now. I knew he wasn't talking to me, but this time, I grabbed Hunter's arm and tugged her towards the door, not wanting to find out just how irritated he was.

"Not you," He growled, holding me back by my forearm. Not tightly, but just enough to keep me in place.

"I'm not leaving without her...." Hunter said as she looked at Valon.

"Tell everyone to get the fuck out of my house and take Hunter home," Valon said and Hunter's eyes went wide.

"No. I said I'm not going anywhere without May!" She said fiercely. River walked towards Hunter and grabbed her arm, pulling her towards the door. She got out of his grasp, but he quickly recovered and grabbed her again.

"River please...." Hunter begged.

"Come on, she'll be fine," He said. She ripped away from his grip again, but instead of grabbing her, he threw her over his shoulder, causing Hunter to yelp.

"Put me down!" She yelled out as River carried her out of the room.

I looked down to where Valon's hand was placed on my arm. It felt like tiny electrical currents were prickling at the site of his touch. His hand continued to slide lower down my arm. I looked back at him to see that he was watching me intently. What is he doing? He slowly removed the gun from my hand, emptied the clip and placed it onto his desk.

"How much did he pay you?" He said after he finally looked away. Pay me?

"Who?" I furrowed my brows.

"Don't play dumb. How much did he pay you?" He glared at me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as he went behind his desk and opened a drawer.

"Francis, my father! How much did he pay you?!" He snapped, pulling out a checkbook and pen. I stood there in shock. Pay me?

"Five thousand?" He questioned and wrote down a five and some zeros. I kept quiet and watched him, still not sure where he's getting at.

"Fifty thousand, hm?" He looked at me and then back at the check when I didn't answer. He added a comma and another zero.