♡ Body (Rengoku x f!reader) ♡

Start from the beginning

"Rengoku, y/n, you're late!" Mitsuri exclaimed, running over to them. Shinobu giggled behind her.

"What's so funny Shinobu?" Mitsuri pouted. Shinobu shook her head and continued giggling.

"I wonder why y/n looks so flustered next to Rengoku." She smirked. Rengoku turned red and y/n scowled.

"Hush hush, you know I'm only teasing y/n. But seriously, why are you so late? Were you two-"

"We were simply lost, Shinobu!" Rengoku declared. "We lost our way to the beach and it took us a full 20 minutes to find our way back!"

"Mhmmm... Sure..." Shinobu turned and walked back towards the other demon slayers. Rengoku and y/n followed, not making eye contact.

"BROTHAAA!" Tengen raced over to Rengoku and smacked him hard on the back. Rengoku just took it and laughed, swinging his arm around his best friend's shoulder. He threw a comforting smile back at y/n as he was hauled away by Uzui towards the party.

"Come on y/n, let's swim!" Mitsuri tugged at the sleeve of y/n's borrowed shirt. She laughed nervously and pulled her sleeve away.

"Actually Mitsuri, why don't we get some food first? I heard Gyomei is starting a barbeque!"

"KYAAAA!!" Mitsuri sped off towards the smell of hotdogs, leaving y/n to breathe a sigh of relief. She really didn't want to have to take off her layer of protection... Not yet at least.

"Hello y/n." A familiar, airy voice sounded behind her. Muichiro was holding three massive foam spheres in his arms. "Wanna play dodge ball?"

***

"Damn Muichiro, now I understand why you wanted to play this!" Rengoku huffed as he shuffled over to the losers bench. It was just Muichiro and y/n remaining on the court.

"GO ON MUI, GET HER!" Genya Shinazugawa yelled in support of his friend. Muichiro's brow furrowed in concentration.

"GO FOR IT Y/N!!" Mitsuri cheered and danced on the bench. Iguro sat beside her, looking even more murderous than usual due to being the first one eliminated from the game.

Y/n breathed and launched a ball across the court. The hashira dodged easily, sending a ball in return almost instantly. Sweat poured down both player's backs... This game had lasted over 2 hours already, and both were equally keen to end it.

With a final surge of energy, y/n sent three balls Muichiro's way within the same second. He backflipped over the first one, then got stuck in an awkward backbend to dodge the second... BAM! The third ball struck him directly in the face!

"LETS GOOOOOO!!" Rengoku and Tengen yelled simultaneously. Gyomei blew his whistle and insisted that a blow to the face doesn't count, but nobody seemed to hear him.

Everyone ran onto the court to congratulate y/n and Muichiro for making it to the end. Rengoku gave her a bear hug and she felt her heart flutter as she was pulled into his chest.

Bottles popped, music boomed and laughter rang throughout the night. The sun was setting over the beach and the demon slayers were celebrating.

Y/n looked around at them: Tanjiro and Nezuko trying to comfort a nervous Zenitsu through the noise, Inosuke half naked standing on a table, Mitsuri and Giyuu spinning in a circle, Rengoku, Tengen and Sanemi building a human pyramid, Genya and Muichiro hiding in the corner whispering.

She smiled and reached for the buttons of Rengoku's shirt. With a nervous breath, she pulled the fabric from her shoulders.

She glanced around. The human pyramid had fallen down, Mitsuri had left the circle to find Iguro, Zenitsu was on the dance floor, Tanjiro and Inosuke were jumping up and down, Genya and Muichiro had fallen asleep next to eachother.

Nobody was staring at her.

Nobody was judging.

Suddenly, she felt a rough hand on her shoulder. Y/n looked up to see Rengoku beaming down at her. Neither of them said anything, but the redness on their faces spoke much louder than words.

A/N: This is my favourite story in this book so far omfds I love Rengoku with my whole heart!

1363 words