41. A Public French Kiss

Start from the beginning

What the fuck? Since when did I become so good in everybody's eyes?

"Okay okay, that's enough. I'll be announcing the name now" Irene said. Everybody went eerily quiet.

"So, the employee of the month is..... Callum Blackwood!" My eyes snapped up to Irene as she said it. Me?

Cheers broke out all around me but my eyes were stuck on only my wife. Me? Employee of the month? How?

Dave nudged my shoulder and told me to walk up to Irene. I gave him a slight nod and started walking.

I heard a few whispers come from some girls about how I was her husband and that she was being partial.

It hurt me a little. If only they realized that I've been her husband for 5 years and only now I've gotten chosen.

I've wanted this for so long. A title more than just my designation. Something to be known for. Appreciation for my work.

I've wanted this all for so long. And now that I have it, it seems so unreal.

I know this might not seem like the biggest title, but it's still one. And it's my first one. I can't seem to believe it.

"Congratulations!" Irene shook my hand when I reached her. She winked at me in a way that only I could see it.

It was so hard to stop the heat that was begging to come up on my cheeks. This woman will be the death of me.

"Now it's time to tell you all, why Callum has got this title" Irene said. Basically, she's going to list out everything I did for the company in the past month.

But I know for a fact that the work isn't the only reason one get's this title for. Especially not when Harry chooses.

Wait a second! Why would Harry choose ME? He won't even increase my salary, but he has chosen me as the employee of the month? Huh?

Irene told everyone all the things I've done to deserve this title and I realized, I do a lot more than I think, overtime being the main one.

"With that, I would like to give the reward to our employee of the month" Irene said and grabbed a cheque.

She handed it to me and my heart warmed when I saw the amount on it. Finally! It's the salary I deserve.

"Do you wanna say a few words?" Irene asked, as she handed me the mic. Oh god! I have stage fear.

Anxiousness ran through every part of my body, but I had to do this.

"Um, I would just like to thank everyone for thinking that I am worthy of this title and thank YOU," I looked at Irene when I said 'you', "for choosing me."

What more do I say? Oh god! Is everyone going to think I'm ungrateful now because I don't even know how to thank people for what I received?

I pushed back tears that were threatening to form in my eyes and looked at the crowd with a forced smile. I'm feeling dizzy. Someone help me!

I felt Irene interlace her hand with mine and I instantly relaxed. My life savior. I gave her eyes that screamed, 'HELP ME!'

Irene took the mic and said, "Sorry everyone, I forgot Callum has stage fright. But what he meant to say is that he is really grateful" she said.

I nodded in agreement and gave everyone a thank you smile. I don't know how the fuck Irene knows about my stage fright, but thank god!

I don't wanna stand up here a single minute more. But then what Irene did, left me panting and shocked together.

She pulled me in a kiss! In front of everyone! I gripped her shoulders, trying to push her away. But she squeezed my wrist in a warning.

It wasn't even a simple kiss. She gave me a freaking French kiss! Irene laced her tongue with mine and I almost moaned at the taste.

Only when SHE was satisfied, did she pull away. I was left a panting, blushing mess. I decided the ground looked really good today.

"Well, now we know who's top in bed!" a co-worker teased and everyone burst out in laughter.

I blushed even harder in embarrassment and bit my lip.

"So beautiful when you're all red" Irene whispered in my ear and I shivered.

"Alright everyone! Back to work!" Irene clapped her hands twice and everyone went back to work.

I was about to leave, but Irene caught my wrist. "And where do you think you are going baby boy?" she asked seductively.

"W-Work" I stuttered at the mischievous glint in her eyes. "But your blushing has got me so wet" Irene almost moaned.

My eyes widened and I tried to run away. But she pulled me with her into her cabin.

Irene locked the door and looked at me evilly. She winked at me and said, "Let me give you your reward my love."