GOOD DAYS CHAPTER 23

Start from the beginning

"You think if I were to get someone to show this to her, she'd leave you?"

Onika wouldn't do that. It was before I fell in love with her. Everything that they had was before I gave my heart to her. She wouldn't just leave me like that, would she? She would understand, right?

"Man, get the fuck off of my phone. She wouldn't believe that shit," I say, in hopes that she would just leave me alone. "Listen to me Kehlani, whatever the fuck you're pulling, it won't work. So why not just leave me alone?"

I heard her chuckle.

Stupid bitch.

"Because you have what we want. We could treat her so much better than you," she told me. I didn't want to hear any more of this. I didn't care about it.

"If you touch her, I'll kill you. I promise you." Now, I was trying to keep my composure. My fists balled so tight that I could feel the pressure intensifying as it dug into my flesh. "Don't fuckin' try me."

"You think that scares me? I already hurt you badly. I heard you were thinking about going to therapy." Another chuckle.

Oo, this bitch was in for it.

"Don't let me find you." Out of anger, I hung up the phone and blocked the number. Maybe I should've got more information. But I really couldn't think.

I felt my breathing become uneven before I held onto the nearest table and sat down. My head was hurting. I thought it was that simple. To just live with the girl I loved. I didn't need friends because at least when I was with her, it didn't matter.

Now they wanted to take that away from me. For stuff they had in the past. I know that if they showed that to her she would be hurt. I hoped somehow she would manage to stick by my side. Or, they could fabricate everything and have Onika leave me.

If she left me, I wouldn't know what I would do. I've already gone through too much to even begin to start over. I already knew I wanted everything to work with her. I couldn't let them mess this up for me.

" You have what we want."

I feel like the only reason they want Onika is to turn her against me and have her live a life she doesn't want to live. They would turn her against her own beliefs and make her hate herself for even doing it. Then, they would abuse the power that they have over her. She would hate herself. She would hate everyone.

"Beyoncé!? Listen to me!" I heard Onika yell in my face. I didn't notice that my lip was quivering and I was staring off into space.

When I turned my head, Onika was looking my way. She had nothing but worry on her face, and that made me feel worse. I couldn't tell her about this... could I?

Would she hate me?

I should feel like I can handle this. Like I can protect her from anything. But how can I protect her when I can't protect myself?

"Hey, hey, hey. Get out your head baby," Onika coos. My eyes followed hers as she cupped my face. Her hands felt cold. I sighed in relief. "Breathe and just look at me BeyBey." Following her instructions made my breathing regulate itself.

After I felt like I was fine, I shielded myself away from her. Just for a quick moment. I didn't want to push her away, but I felt I had needles in my throat. Holding onto this information could ruin my relationship with her. I didn't want to start over again. I didn't want to learn to love again.

"What's wrong?" I didn't even notice she was acting differently too. Her voice was deeper. While soft, there was another part of her that I rarely knew. The one that took care of me instead of me taking care of her.