GOOD DAYS CHAPTER 1

𝐺𝑂𝑂𝐷 𝐷𝐴𝑌𝑆

"𝐼 𝑊𝑂𝑅𝑅𝑌 𝑇𝐻𝐴𝑇 𝐼 𝑊𝐴𝑆𝑇𝐸𝐷 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐵𝐸𝑆𝑇 𝑂𝐹 𝑀𝐸 𝑂𝑁 𝑌𝑂𝑈, 𝐵𝐴𝐵𝑌 𝑌𝑂𝑈 𝐷𝑂𝑁'𝑇 𝐶𝐴𝑅𝐸."

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 1

Onika Maraj

There's always that someone that makes you want to pull your eyes out

There's always that someone that makes you want to pull your eyes out. That's what Beyoncé Knowles does to me. Sure, she was absolutely beautiful, but that didn't stop her from saying something slick to me everyday. It also didn't help that we hung out with the same people everyday.

Walking up to Melanie, I took a handful of my candy hearts and put them in my mouth. She turned her head, watching me and putting her stuff in her car. "You know, those are bad for you?" She asked, observing me. I nodded while I spit the candy out into a trash can that was one foot away from me.

"I'm sorry." She giggled and opened the door for me.

"You're so weird. You just wasted a bunch of candy," Melanie says as she buckled me in. "There. Now, don't move so much. We still have to pick up the others." I nodded sadly as she closed the door.

There was something about being a Little in a group of friends who had no idea what DDLG was, and although I thought they'd get educated, they didn't. When they saw me carrying around a stuffed animal they'd compliment it but I knew they were doing it to be nice and didn't genuinely like it. Especially Beyoncé. She's always the first one to point out something that relates to me being a Little.

"Can Beyoncé sit in the front? I don't want her near me." Even though I had said it quietly, Melanie still heard me. If you haven't guessed already, Melanie was the only one who was really nice about my Little space. She had told me she had been a Little before but somehow she hadn't connected with her Little space in years. It made me feel less alone because she'd come over to take care of me.

"Sure, I'll try to keep you two away from each other."

"Thank you, Mel."

"No problem sweetie. It's going to be a bit of a drive so can you hold onto your stuffy and sleep some?" My heart did melt at the way she talked to me. Sometimes I think that Melanie did have mommy/daddy energy but I'd never tell her. I'm not sure how she'd react to me thinking about her that way. I've known her for about two years and she hasn't let me down once.

"Okay!" Grabbing my stuffed animal, I held onto it tightly before closing my eyes. I kept hoping that everyone was going to have a good day today. Something told me we wouldn't though...