22

A/N: A quick announcement that season six won't be very long due to the change of timeline I'm making to better understand whatever Glee has done to the world's calendars. 😂

Only a few more chapters of season five! 🥺

XXXX

XXXX

Somehow, Camren got roped into saving Rachel's career again. She hadn't spoken to her girlfriend much about the issues after her week getaway from the house with the Ghouls — who else was she going to invite to her own intervention and support trip? Either way, Camren was devoted to her girlfriend despite Rachel not being as devoted as she would have liked in return, so she was trying to help her start an oddly sourced dog rescue charity event.

Rachel didn't even like dogs that much.

She sighed and watched the woman walk around with the attendee discussing the charity. She couldn't stand the state of this shelter, and by the looks of the other Ghouls, she could tell she was about to add multiple dogs to her floor's rental log.

"Hello there, love bug!" Arianna giggled as a little dog rubbed itself on the bars of the kennel and licked at her face. "You are such a babe. Aren't you, sweets?"

"Oh, you call the dog and I the same nickname?" Mercedes rolled her eyes when Arianna smiled at her. "Ari, girl, you are gettin' on my nerves tod—"

"Oh, shush." Arianna interrupted Mercedes with a quick kiss, smiling when the woman glanced around with a deep breath. "Thank you for the invite today. It's been such a pleasure meeting your friends as your girlfriend and not the kids teacher."

Mercedes took Arianna's hand and laced their fingers together, "I'm not used to all this, but I'm trying. I lo-...care about you a lot."

Arianna's brows rose as Mercedes' eyes widened in shock.

"Well." Arianna's face turned a soft pink. "I love to care about you a lot too."

Mercedes narrowed her eyes, "Mhm."

"Mhm." Arianna echoed, brushing the woman's hair out of her eyes. "I know this is a lot to ask, but I'm visiting my family this upcoming week. Might there be a chance you could join me?"

"In England?" Mercedes's eyes widened.

"Wales." Arianna chuckled. "But yes. Overseas."

"Can I get back to you?" Mercedes asked, taking Arianna's hips before the taller girl could be disappointed. "I want to go meet your family, but Santana and I are working on this album and I'm hoping to get Camren on the project and..."

"I understand. It's alright." Arianna smiled softly. "I'm proud of you. Whatever you decide is best for you. Hopefully, I'll see you to Wales soon enough."