14

A/N: Who's here?

Let's see if you guys are familiar with the musical inspiration for this chapter!

Sorry for any mistakes!

XXXX

When I Kissed The Teacher, sung by Kitty Wilde

XXXX

Aquamarine swirled with cerulean in the distance. It created the perfect illusion. As if the sea and the sky were fused together in the distance. A wall of fantasies. A sheet of beautiful hallucinations that trained the brain to keep searching for the end of the earth.

Grace brushed her hair out of her face as it flowed with the icy breeze. Her messy bun fought against the natural push of air that battled toward her from the salty sea's rippling waves. She leaned her hands against the boat's rails and sighed heavenly at the sight before her.

She pulled her phone out of her pocket and pointed it toward the land in the distance. Her thumb brushed the red button on her camera and recorded the beauty before her. The ocean's waves crashing against the rocks and the high land elevation was a sight she'd never unsee. Nothing could compare to its beautiful structure nor the feeling of experiencing something like this for the first time.

Grace needed to capture this moment forever.

"Oh!" Grace gasped as someone stumbled into her, knocking her cell phone out of her hands. Her hands flew to her head as the phone plopped straight into the ocean, showing no sign of stopping as it sank. "Oh, my—"

Santana threw up her hands in surrender when Grace spun around. She winced at her ex-girlfriend's red face, more than just the sunburn this time. She usually had that type of smile that made everyone else smile, but instead, her typical downward tug was replacing her adorable grin.

"Santana!" Grace shrieked, whining as she threw her hands toward the water. "My phone has all my-my pictures and the kids' stuff and—"

"I'm sure it's on the cloud," Santana reassured the distressed teenager. "Gracie, it's okay. You don't have to worry. I'll get it replaced!"

"Our children's drawings are on there!"

"They can draw more!"

She rolled her eyes when Grace smacked her hands away from her and scoffed. She turned and watched the young woman storm off down the side of the boat away from the bow.

"Where are those happy days, they seem so hard to find." Santana sighed, leaning back against the boat. "I tried to reach for you, but you have closed your mind."

The Hispanic woman pushed off the wall of the boat, turning around and hunching over to skim her fingers over the salty water flying by.

"Whatever happened to our love? I wish I understood." Santana pushed back up and looked off toward Grace as she sat down and looked over the water in the distance. "It used to be so nice. It used to be so good."