44. Colon Cleanse

"When will the wedding take place in your mind?" Tywin questioned.

"As soon as decency permits. After we've allowed Tommen the appropriate time to mourn his brother and Margaery to mourn her husband." Cersei answered.

"After the trial, the useless trial." Tyanna added. 

"A fortnight after?" Tywin offered.

" That seems reasonable." Cersei agreed.

"No jugglers, no jousting dwarves, no seventy-seven-course meals." Tywin demanded. "And your wedding to Loras?" Cersei stared back at him, that was never happening. 

"Shortly after Tommen's." Cersei murmured.

"Shortly?"

"A fortnight." Cersei grumbled.

"Well at least Cersei will be miserable too." Tyanna agreed. 

"Why do you hate me?" Cersei shouted. 

"You locked up my brother for something he didnt do!" Tyanna shouted. "I love you Cersei but I dont like you very much."

"I know you don't like them. I didn't like your husband. Used to pat me on the back a lot. I didn't trust him." Tywin remarked breaking up the girls.

"We had that in common." Cersei agreed.

"No one liked Robert." Tyanna assured. 

"You don't need to make formal alliances with people you trust." Tywin reminded her.

"Then whom can we trust?"

"Ourselves alone." Tywin answered. Tywin rose pouring wine for the both of them. "The Tyrells are our only true rivals in terms of resources and we need them on our side."

"Robert wasn't particularly rich." Cersei reminded him. He wasn't rich at all. He was so far in debt to Tywin he would never undig that grave.

"Robert had me funding him. Wars swallow gold like a pit in the earth."

"I suppose that explains why we did so well in the last one." Cersei agreed.

"Do you know how much gold was mined in the Westerlands this past year?"

"Haven't a clue." Cersei countered.

"Tyanna... Go on, your best guess." Tywin countered.

" Pounds, tons, ounces?" Tyanna pondered needing a hint. 

"Doesn't matter. The answer is the same." Tywin informed her.

"That can't be." Cersei corrected confused.

"What?" Tyanna agreed. 

"Our last working mine ran dry three years ago." Tywin informed her and cersei gaped back at him.

"Shut up, your colon must feel great." Tyanna decided. Tywin deadpanned back at her.  "Real colon cleanse not having to shit out gold all the time." 

"Then how do we pay for anything?" Cersei countered. 

"The crown owes the Iron Bank of Braavos a tremendous amount of money." Tywin informed her simply.

" How much?" Cersei questioned.

"A tremendous amount." Tywin repeated.

" There must be someone at the Iron Bank you can speak to, come to some arrangement." Cersei offered.

"The Iron Bank is the Iron Bank. There is no someone." Tywin corrected.

"Someone does work there. It is comprised of people." Tyanna agreed.