42. Difficult

'Your grace.' Oberyn stood up as cersei approached.

'My Prince...' Cersei said glancing to his parchment. 'who are you writing to?'

'A poem actually.' Oberyn corrected

'May I show you the gardens?' Cersei question

'well I couldn't really refuse a royal escort now could I...' Oberyn mused, looking for Tyanna. 

''No you couldn't.' Cersei agreed 'I did not realize you were a poet.''

''I'm not a very good one, Tyanna thinks so though.''

'Ah a poem for Tyanna...' Cersei said sweetly.

'for one of my daughters.' Oberyn told her. "Tyanna likes when I preform my poems for her." 

'Do you have several don't you?' cersei recalled

'8'

'8? Eight daughters.' Cersei said in recollection.

"Oberyn is on the council." Tyanna remarked. 

"Is that a good or bad thing?" Tyrion countered as he ate the sandwich and drank the wine Tyanna brought for him. 

"It's good, he believes you are innocent." Tyanna assured.  "It is Cersei that is being difficult."

"Cersei is always difficult."

''The fifth is difficult.' oberyn admitted 'I named her after my sister, she loves Tyanna, all the girls love Tyanna.' he remarked. ''But I cannot say her name without sounding sad and after being sad I grow angry.' Oberyn remarked.

'Perhaps that's why she's difficult.' Cersei told him. 'Gods love their stupid jokes don't they?"

''Which joke is that?' Oberyn questioned

''You are the prince of dorne legendary fighter and a great man feared throughout Westeros but you could not save your sister. I am a Lannister queen for 19 years and daughter of the most powerful man alive but I could not save my son... what good is power if you cannot protect the ones you love?'

'We can avenge them.' Oberyn told her

'Yes.' she agreed 'we can avenge them.'

'You really believe Tyrion murdered your son?' Oberyn questioned

'I know he did.' Cersei sneered.

'He will have a trial and we will find the truth.' Oberyn said simply. "I believe otherwise though." 

"The list of suspects goes on and on, everyone hated Joffrey but... I'm not Sherlock, Tyrion. I dont know how to find a murderer. They must have read a book, like how to get away with murder." Tyanna decided. "Or they wanted you dead too." 

"Two lions, one arrow." Tyrion agreed. 

'I have not seen my daughter in over a year.' Cersei said looking over the water.

'Last time I saw her she was fine, with two of my girls in the water gardens.' Oberyn admitted 'laughing in the sun.''

''I want to believe that I want to believe she's happy.'

'You have my word we do not hurt little girls in Dorne.' Oberyn told her.

'everywhere in the world they hurt little girls.' Cersei countered. 'Even under Tyanna's watchful eye." She added. "You have seen how she treats me." 

"You imprisoned her brother." Oberyn countered. 

"He killed my son." 

"Do you honestly believe that?" Oberyn pondered. Cersei turned her gaze back to the water. 

"Would you bring Myrcella gift for me?" Cersei countered instead.  "I wasn't there for my her name day and I want to give her some thing.'

'Anything at all.' Oberyn agreed.

'The best shipwrights in Kings Landing have been working on it for months.' she pointed at a sailing boat 'Myrcella loves the water.'

'We will have it sailed down to Sun spear for her.' Oberyn told her, "I recall sailing with her and tommen before we brought her to sunspear." Oberyn remarked. "She has sailed often since then." he added. "She is happy." 

''Please tell her... Her mother misses her very much.' Cersei added sadly. 

"Think of that sadness you feel right now and think about how your little sister feels, knowing you want her brother dead." Oberyn instructed. "Tyanna knows, I think you know too that Tyrion did nothing wrong. He didnt kill your son, so take that pain you feel inside you at missing your daughter. Increase it by about a million and even then I'm sure it wouldnt be enough- thats how Tyanna feels at the thought of losing her brother, her twin." 

"You are excused, Oberyn." Cersei demanded. 

+

"I was talking with your sister," Tyanna groaned in response. "Yes I know." Oberyn agreed. "But I have a new poem for you." 

"Oh," Tyanna said happily she lifted her head from Ellaria's lap, her fingers drifted from her hair. 

"The red rose whispers of passion, And the white rose breathes of love; O, the red rose is a falcon, And the white rose is a dove." Oberyn remarked. Tyanna smiled back at him contently. 

"But I send you a cream-white rosebud... With a flush on its petal tips," He held out a rose from the garden and she brought it to her nose. "For the love that is purest and sweetest. Has a kiss of desire on the lips." he pressed a kiss to her lips and Tyanna leaned into his touch. 

"That was beautiful." Tyanna declared. "Thank you."

"You were with Tyrion, today?" Oberyn questioned kissing her again. 

"Yes, he tries to act brave but he's scared. I'm scared." Tyanna remarked. 

"Rightfully so. Cersei wants him dead." Oberyn agreed. Ellaria slapped a hand at him. 

"I need to punch something." Tyanna decided getting up. "I need it beat something bloody." 

"Thats my girl."