Christmas - Part 1

Start from the beginning

Alex opens his gift from us next. "Hurry up you grandma." I yell at him. "We aren't keeping the wrapping paper." I joke to him. "Ian next year we are putting his gift in a bag." I laugh. "Shut up Nina." Alex laughs.

"Nina and Ian wow. Thanks!" Alex shows mom and dad where his trip is too. "Finish your classes and you're on your way to Fiji!" Ian says. "Who's the 2nd ticket for?" Alex holds it up. "Maybe you can get ahold of one of those girls and ask them." I wink at him and he throws a pillow at me. "I'm kidding. But you can invite Lucas or whoever okay?" I walk over and he hugs me then he hugs Ian. "Thanks guys. Really."

"Okay! Breakfast! I'll get it started." Mama heads into the kitchen. Dad stretches out on the couch. "Ian and I are going to go upstairs and pack." I lean over dad and kiss him on the cheek. "Merry Christmas dad. Thank you." I tell him. "Merry Christmas neens. I love you." He smiles.

Ian and I head up to my room and I lay out our suitcases. "Now we have the extra suitcase to put these presents in." I start packing that suitcase up. Ian folds all the clothes we packed and lays them in the other suitcase.

"Breakfast is ready!" Mama yells up the stairs.

Ian and I bring down are suitcases to get ready to leave. My mom walks over and hugs me tightly in her arms and then pulls Ian in with me. "You guys I'm going to miss you." "Mom you can come visit anytime." I pull back from her grip. "Yeah Mrs. Dobrev you can come visit when ever." Ian smiles and kisses her on the cheek. "Nina call us when you get to Louisiana. Gosh I'll miss you." My dad walks over and pulls mom to the side. "Nina I love you. Ian take care okay? Thank you guys for coming in. Well miss you!" Dad hugs me and shakes Ian's hand. "Where's Alex?" "Coming!" Alex slides down the steps on a sled. "Alex! Not in the house!" Mom yells at him. "Bye neens. Thanks for the Christmas present guys." He throws his arms around us. "Bye Alex. Same to you, come visit when ever!" We wave bye to everyone and head out to the car. I see my mom crying and my dad shutting the front door.

"Moms crying. I hate when she cries when I leave." Ian pulls me into his arms and kisses me. "She'll be okay. I bet she'll be down in Atlanta by next month." He smiles.

We get to the airport and board the plane quickly.

"Excited to see where I grew up?" Ian says and grabs my hand. "Of course I am. I can't wait to see your mom again too. And meet your dad finally." I kiss his cheek. "Dads super excited. He loves you already." Ian looks out the window. "I'm going to try and sleep, I feel a little nauseous." I look at Ian and lay my head on his chest. "Okay baby, I'll wake you before we land." Ian says and kisses my head.

___________________________

Ian's POV
------------

I read on my iPad as Nina sleeps. The flight attendant brings me my water. "Can I get a bottled water for her? She'll be waking up soon. I'm not sure if she'll feel any better yet." I tell her. "Of course. Be right back." I look down at Nina and see her twitch a little. "Hey, neens." I run my hand down her arm. She rubs her eyes and looks up at me. "Hi." She sits up. "Oh no." "What?" I move her hair out of her face. "I need to get to the bathroom." Nina stands up and I walk with her to the bathroom. I knock to make sure no ones in. "Okay." Nina walks in and closes the door. I stand up against the side. "Everything okay?" A lady in a suit asks. "I think she's just a little sick from flying. Or eating. I'm not sure really." I tell the lady. "Well I'm a doctor, if you need anything feel free to ask for me. My name is Lesley Monroe." I shake her hand. "I'm Ian Somerhalder and she is Nina Dobrev." I smile. "I'll let you know if we need you." Lesley walks back through the curtain and takes her seat. "Nina?" I tap on the door. "Ian." Nina says as she walks out. "You okay baby?" I grab her hand. "I don't know. I think I'm getting the flu." I put my hand on her forehead. "Nina you're burning up. Come on let's sit back down." I lead her back to our seats. "I'll be right back." Nina sits down and I walk to Lesley's seat.