24 ~ the final battle begins.

🎶mrs

🎶mrs. magic ~ strawberry guy🎶

trigger warning // manga spoilers! slight angst.

❦.❦.❦.❦.❦.❦.❦.❦.❦.

After Miyuki was born, the Tomioka family settled into a family of four. It was the utter bliss they needed from the endless training that Giyu was pushing himself for and the uprising of demons. At first, Giyu was still scared to hold his daughter, yet the fear would disappear the moment she grasped his thumb.

It was when he realized his true purpose, not as the Water Hashria, but a man to protect his wife, son, and daughter, a family man. The nightmares would always be there, lurking in the back of his mind, but fade once he was surrounded by the warmth of his family.

Giyu was there for his family every step of the way. Of course, (Y/N) and Su were always doing their part as well. Their comrades were always throwing in their support too! Some more than others, like Tanjiro, Mitsuri, and Sanemi who went above and beyond for Miyuki. As the weeks went by, (Y/N) gathered the strength to heal her body from having a baby, with the help of Giyu's support of course.

And within about a month and 2 weeks after Baby Tomioka was born, the Night Hashira had returned from her temporary retirement. But since the Night Hashira was back, that meant that Muzan was soon to destroy again.

At the Water Estate, (Y/N) had just gotten Miyuki to sleep after feeding her. (Y/N) set Miyuki down in her bassinet as Giyu watched his wife adoringly. Su also ran over to Miyuki's bassinet and watched over his baby sister that was peacefully sleeping. So, there all 3 Tomiokas were, watching their 4th addition to the family.

However, as (Y/N) adores watching over their children on a daily basis, Giyu notices the dark cloud hanging over his wife that she seems to pretend is not there. Ever since (Y/N) was cleared to train after having the baby, she has worked harder than ever to make sure she can fight with everyone else.

Except, Giyu has become worried by how much training she was doing because she was on the verge of killing herself from exhaustion. He found it ironic almost of the roles being reversed since this was how (Y/N) was with him a few months ago.

Giyu couldn't put his finger on it. It seemed like physical exhaustion but it deeply seemed like an emotional exhaustion. He was confused on why (Y/N) hadn't spoken to him about this yet. They were always open with each other.

It surprisingly didn't make Giyu feel insecure or as if he had done something wrong. He just really worried about (Y/N)'s well being. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. No matter how he tried to change his perspective on it, it only seemed as if (Y/N) was drowning her sorrow, and she didn't have the energy to fix it.