Athena backed away from it and dropped on the couch with a sigh.

She looked to her side as Johanna sat down.

"Are you alright?"

"Y-E-A-H     Y-O-U"

"I am." She touched her face with a frown. "I'll cut his head off for that." Gently touching, just ghosting over, the red mark left by the weapon.

"I    W-A-N-T     T-O     K-I-L-L     H-I-M"

"Of course you do, that's all he deserves, I don't care how good he is at war."

Athena wanted to sign something else but the TV lit up with blue holographic lights and the Capitol logo so she watched with a raised brow.

"Good afternoon." Caesar came on the screen. "I'm Caesar Flickerman. Here with our continuing coverage of the defense of the capitol. Today, as our peacekeepers valiantly hold off the rebels, our story takes a surprising twist."

The video of them activating the oil trap was play, Athena frowning as she saw her mistake again, Johanna laying a hand on her thigh. 

"Katniss Everdeen, our once favorite daughter, has infiltrated the city with some of the victors, whose names are all too familiar... Athena Hadley, Johanna Mason, Finnick Odair and Peeta Mellark.... Clearly, some alliances don't last forever."

It showed Peeta shoving Katniss down and hitting her while Athena got in an altercation with Gale.

"Take a look at what happened just a moment ago, when our peacekeepers cornered Katniss Everdeen and her band of foolish rebels. Whatever arrogance brought this treacherous girl back to us, you are about to witness a great victory, not only for the capitol but for Panem."

It now showed peacekeepers shooting up the building with the two twins shooting back before a guided missile was blasted into it and they were gone, dead.

"So there you have it. Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire, a girl who inspired so much violence, seems to have met a violent end herself. Stay tuned for more information. Caesar Flickerman. Thank you."

"Welp, we are dead huh?" Finnick said, pointing at the turned off screen.

"What's our next move?" Cresida added.

"Isn't it obvious? The next move is to kill me. I murdered one of our squad members." Peeta whispered suddenly. "Katniss is right, I'm a mutt and it's only a matter of time before I snap again....I'm not in control....I need a nightlock pill so I can die when I need too."

Athena stood up, walking to the boy and ruffling his hair, he looked up at her so scared of what he did and could do but she understood it, she struggled with the same.

"If it gets to that point, I'll kill you myself." Gale said.

And if he keeps that up Athena will stop struggling and just give into her murderous needs.

Glaring at him with a glint of madness as he walked out of the room.

-----------------------------------------------

It was an hour or so after the previous broadcast that the TV turned on again, everyone had used this moment of calm to rest up while they worked out a plan.

Athena's bone chilled and her blood turned to ice spikes as she heard the music of the downed tributes while the screen showed black and white versions of all their faces, just like how it would in the arena in the sky.