Covid

"Um, Firecrotch. Look at this."

Mickey showed Ian the email from the school. 

"Thank God tomorrow's Saturday," Ian said. "I hope this passes, but we should probably have a sit down meeting with the kids. And then with Biden if this is for real. I feel like Herman's doing the same right now."

Mickey and Ian called the kids into the living room for a family meeting. Felicity was already sitting on the couch. She took her headphones off and paused Dawson's Creek on her phone. Oliver had to be called in from the backyard and Yev was doing homework.

"What's up, Dads?"

Mickey sat down.

"Aw, crap. Did somebody die again? I'll get the shovel."

"What? No." Ian was surprised that was her first response. Did Mickey and Felicity bury a body and he doesn't know about it? "You've heard about coronavirus, right?"

"We watched it on CNN student news," Oliver inquired. "It's getting bad."

"Yeah, my teacher was talking about it," Yev also inquired. "It makes people really sick."

"We've had class discussions on it," Felicity said.

"Yeah, well," Mickey crossed his legs. "It's a really bad illness spreading and people are dying."

Felicity had the urge to say "that's what people do," but decided it wasn't the time.

"They said you can't go to school next week but they'll keep us updated."

"WOOOOO!" Felicity jumped up. "No bitch ass teachers for a week! No bedtime!"

"Try not to act too excited," Ian rolled his eyes. "Anyways, we want you guys to keep up on your schoolwork. Felicity, this also means you will be helping out more. Ian and I are going to talk to Boden about our schedules, but we might end up both having to work, so I'm really gonna need you to help with your brothers."

Felicity nodded and put up a thumbs up.

"Now, who wants to catch up on Supernatural?"

**********************one week later********************

"Oliver! I thought you put the dishes up!"

"I thought I did, Fliss!" Oliver yelled back. "You want me to do that now!?"

"Too late! Could you make sure your room is clean and that the laundry is on to dry?!"

"Yes!"

Coronavirus brought the family many issues. It was mainly just the distribution of power. Felicity would think everything was fine to find out Yev didn't make his bed or Oliver hadn't taken a shower.

They were working through it. It brought them closer and they worked together.

Mickey and Ian were taking more days off, though. That helped especially with the school work. Felicity doesn't know how she would've juggled tenth grade work on top of fifth grade along with kindergarten work.

Yev's school was a bitch because one of them had to pick up Yev's work and Oliver's work. Yev's work was thirty flipping pages all due by the next week. Oliver had more online work but it included about three projects and then multiple cut and paste papers.

Felicity's was one hundred percent online. Spitting out google slides and taking pictures of assignments couldn't be easier. World History was whooping Felicity's ass, though.

Mickey found himself having to help out Felicity not because it was hard, but because it was just so much work. The online packets were forty questions long, needed to be answered in full sentences, and then needed to be turned in within three days. 

On top of everything, Felicity couldn't see any of her friends in person. Phoebe got exposed to the coronavirus and needed to quarantine. Jake's mom was being cautious. Fletcher stayed up all night and slept in the day, so she didn't see him much.

What she wouldn't give to see them in person. FaceTime and phone calls only go so far.

It can't possibly last that long, right?