chapter 33

Start from the beginning

Giselle peeks at the glass to double check what it is. It is blood as expected but Jay did not finish it. She leaned on the headboard and tilted her head. Thinking at how her day is starting.

A few minutes later Jay walked back in with a tray table of breakfast. He carefully placed it on Giselle's lap before taking back his glass and returning to his seat.

"You seem oddly prepared. Is your news gonna blow me away?" She asked teasingly and the vampire let out a chuckle. 

"Maybe. But it depends on how you react too." He said and furrowed his brows as if taunting her.

Giselle grinned at him before looking at the meal in front of her. It's the same meal that Jay used to prepare for her before. The girl began eating and eventually finished her meal, she looks at Jay with a satisfied smile while the vampire gives her a thumbs up.

"I'll wait for you downstairs." Jay said before leaving with the tray.

Curious. Giselle still got up from bed and took a shower. She dressed nicely and simply and put on mild makeup. Once she was done, she met Jay at the living room who's currently in a call. But when he saw the girl, he suddenly ended it and walked towards her.

"You look beautiful." He complimented while scanning her with his red eyes. Making the girl flutter a little.

"Where are we going? You're a bit mysterious today." Giselle says while tracing both of her hands up to the back of his neck.

"We'll go to the hotel. We have a big announcement and you're one of the main guests." He said and this time, with a very excited smile.

Giselle giggles lightly and nods her head. She grabbed her car keys and handed it to Jay so he'll be the one to drive. The ride took almost an hour and a half and the couple talked about the previous days.

As soon as they got back. First thing that Giselle noticed was that there was almost no one in the lobby. She remembers that there were so many guests that always hung out there the last time she went. But now the hotel looks as if it's never been used before.

"It's okay. We've sent all the guests away. The twin hollows are the only ones left here. But we've secured them in their own dungeon." Jay assures her when he sensed the worries she had.

Giselle only nodded her head and followed the vampire until they arrived at Heeseung's office. Ej and K are both there too. 

"Hey." K approaches them and also greets Giselle at the same time. "Heeseung called us here without telling why."

"He has an announcement. Let's just wait for the others to arrive." Jay said to him and then looked over at Ej.

He looks a lot better now. He seemed completely healed already.

Soon enough, Sunoo and Niki also arrive. Sunoo doesn't have any idea why they were summoned there. They waited until they were complete and Heeseung eventually met them.

"I'm not gonna beat around the bush."

"We're all planning to go back to school. The first time we left the sanctuary, Jungwon and Niki wanted to be at school the most. I wanna complete that dream with them now that we're all together again. But of course, it's not gonna be in Korea anymore." He said which quickly sparked confusion to everyone.

"So you're leaving? To where? How long?" Sunoo asked immediately. His face looks very concerned as he unconsciously grips onto Niki's arm.

"I don't plan to disclose it just yet. But the reason I also asked you to come. I'd like to invite you to accompany us." Heeseung explains.

"You mean go back to school with you?" Karina frowned. Suddenly thinking right away which to choose from that and her job.

"Yes. We will take care of everything. You just need to decide if you'd like to come with us or not." Jay replies with a full smile on his face.

"But what about our job?" Sunoo exclaimed.

Heeseung and the other vampires then looked at the only two wolves in the room.

"I believe K can do that favor for you." Heeseung says and smiles at the alpha.

K clears his throat and looks at Ej first before looking at everyone. "Sunoo's the only one who works in the Grim Empire. Giselle may be our trade partner but she manages her company on her own." He says to them.

"I'll take care of it. But then you have to show up to my parents this time." Giselle says and looks up at Jay. She could see how it quickly made him nervous. But he nodded nevertheless and smiled to assure her.

"Is that why you called us both here? To cover for your mortal friend?" Ej asks.

"Not really. We're all leaving the hotel which means that someone will remain to keep it standing. I'm sure when y'all arrived, you noticed how empty and quiet the hotel is." Jake stated followed by a playful grin.

"We asked you here because we'd like you to watch over the hotel while we are away. If it's not too much. The place is not gonna accept guests anymore and the twin hollows are the only ones who will be left behind. And you won't necessarily have to come inside." He adds and observes the wolves' reaction to see how they'll react.

"Is that all?" K asks and Heeseung nods right away.

"When will you be leaving?" Ej asked as well.

"We still need to prepare and take care of some matters. Maybe two months from now." Jungwon said with his tilt like he is calculating.

"Okay. But we can go inside the hotel for a drink right?" K chuckled, mostly just to tease the vampire but they still allowed it.

The deal is then made and K does not find it too big of a favor. Besides, Heeseung allowed the wolves to go inside the hotel so long that they could watch over it.

They've discussed more about the announcement Heeseung made. And once they were done, Jay and Giselle were first to leave. Unlike Niki and Sunoo who were quite excited, the couple seemed a little more nervous.

Because the moment that Jay always tried to avoid has now come.

Meeting Giselle's father.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.

The final chapters are gonba be as followed. Thank you so much for your big support on this story.