chapter 28

"I thought you said you're gonna knock them out! They're not even breathing anymore!" Jungwon exclaimed while looking at the unconscious bodies on the ground.

Some of them are under the broken vehicles that were either destroyed by Jungwon or the result of their scuffles.

"I did! Maybe their bodies are too weak to handle it. If you were human, do you think it's possible to stay conscious with a broken car on top of you?" Danielle asked quite innocently.

"Argh! Whatever! Let's just take the ones who have the best chance to survive. Let's bury the rest!" She adda and walks to the one soldier who had been crawling away from the two. His left leg is very severed so he could only crawl to save himself.

Meanwhile…

Karina, Ningning, Fuma and YuSeung eventually arrived at the hotel. Fuma carried the man on his shoulder as they entered the lobby. Most of the guests who were there scowled at the sight not just because of another human being but because a wolf is inside the hotel premises again.

Although unpleasant. Fuma became used to it by now and ignored them. He followed Karina and Ningning as they made their way to the dungeon. 

"Is there someone else in here?" Fuma asks while staring at the heavy metal door in the dungeon. Unlike the others, that door is the one with the most locks and chains all over it. He could also sense a magic spell surrounding the door and behind it are numerous strong firewalls.

Ningning also looked at the door when she noticed that Fuma was looking at it.

"Hellby and Henly. A twin dark entity that came straight from hell." She said and then continued to look ahead as they walked to a certain door.

"A dark entity? So more like a demon? Then how were you able to keep him inside? I sense a strong firewall but it can't be enough for a demon."

"Or. The demon inside just happened to be weak in the mind." Karina chuckled as they finally stopped in front of an old oak door.

Ningning fumbles with the keys on her hand and tried to open the door first.

"What does that mean?" Fuma asks again.

"Do you remember the battle that killed Ej and Taki?" Karina asks. 

The wolf simply nodded his head. To him, that memory will forever be engraved in his heart. Because after that event, he watched how it changed his alpha as a completely different person.

"The person who killed the bi**h was Kai. But at the time, he was actually possessed by those twins. They are powerful but only with a purehearted vessel. And they are easily controlled by mind readers because they're the type of entities who can shapeshift. And mind readers know exactly what they're gonna be beforehand." Karina explained just as Ningning was finally able to open the door.

The three entered the room and looked around. There is only one couch inside and a small snow globe on the floor in front of it. Everywhere else is dusty and the only source of light in there is a dim light bulb.

Fuma placed YuSeung on the couch and went back to stand beside the other two.

"Is it safe to keep him here? Especially with a demon not far from this cell?" Karina suddenly asks after giving it some thought.

"You're right. Even if it's locked, it is still dangerous to leave him here especially since he is also a human." Fuma agrees.

"Tch. It's fine. That's not even enough to make him pay for trespassing our territories." Ningning scoffed and looked at the two. "Keep in mind that mercy can only be given to those who earned it." She said and eventually walked out of the room.

Karina and Fuma decided to leave as well and locked the unconscious man inside. They went straight to the sky lounge where they have a view of the entire forest.

"Shouldn't you go and join the fight?" Ningning asks the wolf as they all lean towards the grills, watching the fight from their location.

Although the west shore is completely far, their eyes can see far enough to watch it from the hotel.

"I won't. But I have orders to stay away from the forest." He said and heaved a deep sigh. Even Karina can sense that it makes him frustrated.

"Why? Heeseung said you're a healer. They need you in the fight." Ningning said, quite surprised.

"That's true. The more reason he doesn't want me there is so that I remain in a perfect state to be able to heal them all if they're hurt." Fuma explains.

"Is it just you? Or was Taki also forbidden to enter the forest?" Karina asked and the wolf only nodded in response.

"I get why Taki needed to stay away. He's K's only family. But Ej is also important to him and he also died like Taki. So why is he in the fight while you're here?"

"Ej is the only wolf in our pack who's strong enough to go against K even if it's his command. He's been with him since they're pups and he had sworn to stand by his side by all means."

"Wow! That's loyalty." Karina snickered and shook her head. However, at the back of her mind. She could read a different reason in it.

"It's actually weird. Because Ej's not completely healed. He should've healed quickly considering he's one of the ancient wolves." Fuma suddenly said while tilting his head. It has been bothering him ever since and he couldn't find a valid reason why. And somehow, he feels like Ej is not saying something about it even though he knows.

"Maybe he's growing old." Ningning said playfully and laughed with Karina.

The three just continued to talk randomly at the sky lounge until they eventually spotted Jungwon and Danielle on their way back. And with an injured soldier with them.

The three immediately went down from the sky lounge to see them and the couple had decided to take the soldier in one of the guest rooms.

"Why did you even bring him here? His boss is in the dungeon." Ningning asked as soon as Jungwon and Danielle walked out of the guest room.

They left the soldier inside, tied on the bed and still unconscious. 

"It's fine. We tied him on the bed anyway he won't be goig anywhere." Danielle says.

"Okay. Then just stay here and keep watch in case other guests poke fun at him." Karina said to the two before leaving with Fuma and Ningning back to the dungeon.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.