chapter 20

"Not here. I smell humans." It was Sunghoon who had spoken in a lower voice.

"Where are you?" Jay asked right away.

"I'm near the edge of the heart of the forest. I also smell Heeseung and the other two wolves' scent. They must've passed here." Sunghoon answered as he looked around the quiet but eerie woods.

The entire place reeks of human scent. He can also see tracks of big wheels on the ground. Not one but many and are already overlapping each other. Which means a lot of vehicles went through that path.

He checked where the tracks came from and it seems to have gone from the sideroad. They might not have seen the trucks because they were preoccupied by their VIP guests. But at least the wolves should've noticed it since many from their packs are lurking in the forest.

A few minutes later, Ningning arrived at his location and she also saw the tracks. Obviously having the same hunch as Sunghoon after observing.

"Do you think Heeseung will find them?" She asks and looks up at the taller vampire.

"Let's hope so. Ej and K are with him and wolves are annoyingly the best trackers I've known." Sunghoon replies with a chuckle and then he reaches to hold the girl's hands.

"It's quite odd. You and I are clear to be more than friends… But this is honestly the first time we're spending alone together in this forest. Even for not the very best reason." Sunghoon suddenly said out of nowhere. A sudden warm smile displays on his lips while looking at the beautiful vampire with him.

"You're right… Maybe we should spend more quality time together when this is over. Like when I was human." Ningning chuckled and stepped closer to Sunghoon.

She placed one of her cold hands to the back of his neck and gently pulled him down. Since he's obviously taller. And the moment he is so close, she leaned closer and kissed him.

Slowly but passionately.

Sunghoon smiles onto the kiss and gently pushes her towards a tree. He holds her by her waist and carefully lifts her up while the girl unconsciously wraps her legs around his waist.

As the kiss goes deeper. So does their desire to have each other at that moment.

Sunghoon began to trail his kisses down to her neck and to her collarbone. Playing and teasing on the cold skin. Tickling the vampire with his playful tongue.

Ningning lets out a soft sigh when Sunghoon decides to abuse one certain spot on her neck. And it didn't take long for him to bury his fangs on the soft flesh and blood drawing out to his mouth. Both the vampires released a satisfied sound as they delved into each other deeper.

A few moments later Sunghoon withdraws and stares back at his muse with the same blood red eyes.

"I hear them. I can smell their blood." He says with a wild grin. 

The way he smiled with blood smeared on hisblips looks so cynical. And any human will definitely have a heart attack.

"Someone will always really ruin a heated moment for us. You and I would've slept together here if it's not for those humans." Ningning suddenly said and laughed at it because it was fairly true.

Whenever they become intimate with each other. And are only minutes away from stripping each other naked. But somebody would always come to interrupt them.

So in all honesty, they've never gone further than making out. But they do honestly love each other a lot.

"Come on. At least it's not Jay or Heeseung who interrupts us. I'd hate to hear it from them." Sunghoon said, making the girl let out soft giggles.