chapter 18

Few days passed by and the north somehow stopped sending people. So they decided that the wolves go back to their territory for now and they will be called once the north sends people again. Which also means that the vampires would make it their routine to always watch the shore.

Around sunset… Niki just got back after visiting Sunoo. He decided to meet up with Taki, and this time with Jungwon too.

After the incident, Niki had always been watching out for him to teach him how to control his thirst. He and Taki also helped him to sneak into Ej's chamber in person just so he can personally apologize to him.

Ej held no grudge and just let it go. He understood why Jungwon is like that and he also values their friendship with the vampires.

The three usually hang out in either of their territory, but for today. They decided to go to the shore and built a campfire.

The three talked mostly about complimenting how they fight. Their strengths and even their epic moments in the middle of their scuffles with humans.

"So? When do you plan to find a partner? We may be treated as the maknaes by our hyungs but it does not change the fact that we're older than most humans in this country." Niki said and turned to Taki.

Although his statement made them laugh a bit. Because the three of them looked less than 18 years old but nobody would know that they are a lot decades older from what they look.

"I'm not sure. No lady really captures my attention. To my people, I'm still a ghost." The wolf says with a light chuckle.

"But do you look for one?" Jungwon asks. The conversation of mates somehow made him long for his own.

He and Heeseung were supposed to visit the headquarters of he primes, but they didn't really have the time to because of their trespassers 

Taki shook his head as he added a few firewoods on the fire. "I actually don't. I've been single for a long time. K hyung had taken care of me and I told myself that it's all I need. Although I know it won't be for forever because he'll need to find a mate too. I just didn't really ponder on the idea at all. I think I'm asexual." He explains and looks up to see their reactions.

"That's understandable. Your pack always took care of you. You think you won't need anything else especially if you're filthy rich!" Jungwon laughs at the last part. "I almost thought I'm asexual too. Until Lady Danielle."

His address to his mate made the other two give him a playful negative reaction. Acting as if it's very corny.

"I still wonder how Danielle is very smitten by you when you are so old school!" Taki says.

"It's called mannerism!" Jungwon defends himself but the two just continue laughing.

Niki suddenly stood up and placed his hands together. Laughing as he impersonates Jungwon. 

"I will look for you, my lady! You can count on my words." He says as he makes his voice deeper.

"I don't talk like that!" Jungwon exclaims while Taki laughs his heart out and claps his hands like a seal.

"My lady! You look stunning!" Niki said again in the same tone before he also bursted laughing.

Jungwon eventually laughed as well because Taki suddenly shrieked like a girl after he accidentally put his hand on the fire. 

It would have been the best moment. If it just wasn't for the rustles that interrupted them and made the three suddenly quiet as a stone. Only the cracklings of the fire could be heard as soon as the three stopped.