chapter 29

"Burn them." K said after the wolves finished piling up the dead bodies.

Jake stepped forward to the file with his hand covered in flames. He threw it on the dead bodies and the fire immediately ate them whole. Everyone watched as the corpses were slowly burnt into ashes and became a mix to the sand of the shore.

"The rest of you can go back." K said to his pack and almost everyone shifted back to their wolf forms and returned to their camp. Leaving only Ej and Nicholas with their leader. Along with all of the vampires.

"Let's go. Our friends already brought the mastermind in the hotel." Heeseung informed them and they eventually entered the forest as well.

But before they totally disappeared from the massacre site, they turned back to the sea and saw three boats of coast guards approaching the ship.

It must be the coast guards that Taki had called as part of their plan.

When they arrived at the hotel, they immediately went straight to the dungeon where the others were guarding. They were already informed that the human that Jungwon and Danielle brought eventually died because of the severe injury on his leg.

The rest exited the cell where YuSeung is locked in. Only Heeseung and K entered the room while the rest waited outside.

"Did you wet your pants?" K asked rather bluntly upon noticing the wet patch on the man's pants.

Heeseung quietly walked behind YuSeung. His hand touched the top of his head which immediately made him flinch. The vampire leaned down a little closer to him and sniffed on the air.

"You made the room reek with fear." Heeseung whispered and then moved to the side of his left ear. "We haven't done anything yet."

The vampire then leaned back although he stayed right behind him. Blending in the darkness of the room as he began to focus on hijacking YuSeung's mind without him knowing.

K on the other hand grabbed another chair that was in the corner of the room. He placed it in front of the human before he sat down and stared at him with his eyes glowing white.

"Do you want to live?" 

"Fu*k you! You are all monsters! If you think you can get away with this! You are wrong! Once I get out! I will burn down that forest and I will destroy this country!" 

K tilts his head as he continues to stare at the man. He's no longer surprised of whatever comes out of his mouth knowing already what kind of person he is.

"That's rich coming from an id**t trapped in the lion's den!" K hummed and waited for his response.

"You can't kill me! Because if you do! It will be the end for your country's precious peace treaty!" The human challenged and suddenly let out a maniac laugh.

"Tch. Where does he even get his confidence from." K heard Heeseung mumbling in the darkness.

"You know what. I actually agree. Because killing you would be too easy." The wolf said to him and smirked. Causing the human to give him a confused expression.

K heaved a deep sigh before he leaned back on his chair and crossed his arm. He shook his head and expressed the shame he currently feels.

"Within those two years… You have been trespassing our territory. I couldn't truly understand why at first. Until eventually… I realized that maybe you were actually searching for something that you cannot find in your country's forest." He stated and by the look of Yuseung's expression. It looked like K hit the spot.

He didn't really know about it. But because Heeseung is hijacking YuSeung's mind, the vampire immediately lets him know telepathically all the information that he is getting.

And the reason that YuSeung sent his people to South Korea's biggest and most dangerous forest is because he is looking for diamonds.

He is trying to create a big army to show his loyalty to the president of their country. However, he doesn't have the means to fulfill it. So he went searching for an immediate source of money. Which led him to hear about the legends of the treasures in the South's forest.

He used the illegal loggings only as a front but behind it all is that he also sends mercenaries to search for the diamonds.

And those diamonds that he is searching for…

"You've been looking for two years and you still haven't found a single trace… Do you wanna know why?" K taunted and the man only glared at him.

"That's because you are a greedy human."

"There is a legend in our territory that those who seek the treasure can never find it… But those who doesn't will get the treasure even if they don't ask for it." K then chuckled and made something appear on his hand.

He showed it to Yuseung and it happened to be the exact diamond that Yuseung spent two years looking for.

"We call it the grim stone. Which is the main foundation of my empire. And it is so rare for it is created only by the descendants of the ancient wolves. Just me and my officials. You will never find anything like this all over the globe." K explained rather proudly.

He couldn't take the smile off his face after seeing Yuseung's terrified and confused face. He is definitely questioning how K found out that he's looking for it.

"I own them. Which means that you are trying to steal from me." He adds and suddenly stood up.

"We have given you enough time to reconsider and back off our lands. But it seems that you care too little of your own people that displaying their heads doesn't even seem to give you the hint." Heeseung began to speak as he switched places with K who now stood behind him. Watching with a blunt expression on his face.

"You badly want to get the diamonds. That you chose to throw your own men into the lion's den having fully aware of the danger. Just so you can get what you need." He added and then he lifted his hand and placed it on YuSeung's left cheek.

"From this moment forth. I will allow you to see everything. I will allow you to listen and smell. To touch and be touched. To the point that you would wish you were blind and deaf!" He said with a grin before he leaned back and briefly looked over to K.

"That should do it. I'll head back. Just let me know once he crosses the country." K sighed and eventually exited the room.

"W-what did you do?! Are you going to kill me now?!" YuSeung asked.

"No." Heeseung said immediately. He placed his hands in his pockets and shrugged his shoulders. "You can go."

YuSeung flickers his eyes as he was quite confused if he heard the vampire wrong.

"Y-you're just gonna let me go? A-after all that I saw?!" He asked a little provocably. And Heeseung only nodded his head gullibly.

"Go if you want. But since this is a hotel, you're welcome to stay. Just so you know, I treat all my guests fairly." The vampire said to him and walked behind Yuseung to untie him from his chair.

As he did so, he playfully leaned down and sniffed the man's neck. Making him flinch and cuss right away. 

"You reek of filth!" Heeseung teased and threw the rope somewhere in the room.

"I made you see everything so find your own way out!" 

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.