chapter 3

"Good morning my lady..." Jungwon greeted right away as a small smile made its way to grace his lips.

"What news have you brought me this time?" Danielle asked as she smiled back to the vampire.

"Today might be the last day that you and your friends will be staying here. Later this afternoon, King Samuel and King Yalex will finally begin to help bring everyone back to your home. And I'm certain it will not take a while." He stated. His expression though somehow looks sad at his own statement.

"Does that mean... we won't be seeing each other anymore?" Danielle asked and Jungwon immediately shot a flustered look at her. Slowly, he then nodded his head as a response.

"That's sad. I hope we'll see each other again though. It's really nice knowing someone here from earth..." Danielle muttered.

She's glad about the news that she and the children can now return home but that would mean that she will not see Jungwon anymore. Because they live from entirely different worlds.

"W-well. Since this could be our last day seeing each other. D-do you wanna hang out... with me? W-we don't need to go far. We can just fly around the forest and then be back before the kids wake up. I-if it's okay with you."

"I'd like that!" Danielle said almost immediately which graced a delighted smile to each of them.

However the three on the other side of the room could only give an unpaintable expression.

They're both surprised at the fact that the boy they are watching right now is sharing the same face as Jungwon whom they've witnessed his body dissipating before their eyes. At the same time, they also find the two awkward because they obviously like each other but are too shy to make a move.

Although Jungwon did, he's very awkward.

"Uhm... S-shall we-" Jungwon paused as her gaze went past Danielle and to her room behind her.

He's been noticing this for a while but he's too flustered to focus on it. But after getting the answer he wanted to hear, he was able to get a grip of his senses and that's when he caught a whiff of blood scents coming from Danielle's room. It also smelled familiar.

"What's wrong?" Danielle asked and when she noticed where he's looking, she looked back to her room and remembered that the mortals were hiding inside.

She squinted her eyes not because Jungwon might've realized she's sheltering humans in her room. But because she is embarrassed that the three had to hear that.

"There are humans inside." Jungwon muttered with a serious expression and didn't wait for any response as he quickly made his way to enter the room.

The sooner he opened the door, that's when he saw the three mortals huddled on the corner. Looking at him as if he is a ghost that crawled out from his grave.

"Y-you..." Sunoo muttered but he's too speechless to continue so Karina finished it for him.

"You're already dead! We saw you! Your body disappeared! You were gone." Karina muttered with a shaky voice. Even her is confused whether she is scared or just confused.

Danielle looked at Jungwon with an observative gaze. She had heard that some of the vampires from Heeseung's group had died. But because of the primes' favor, they found a way to retrieve the dead vampires like they never died at all.

"They said they are friends to the owners of this hotel." Danielle said to him. "Do you know them?" She asked.

"I'm alive. But it's a long story." Jungwon said to the three and looked at Giselle and Sunoo with an unreadable expression. "I don't think I'm the one who can explain this. Heeseung hyung and K hyung are the ones who made the deal. They have all the answers to your questions." He explained.

"K? The alpha of the Daoan pack?" Karina asked and Jungwon nodded his head.

"I'm sorry if this might seem very surprising. We wanted to see you guys as soon as possible. But we had to make sure that the deal with primes is over first before we can separate our own ways." Jungwon explained again but the last part left a bitter taste in his mouth.

"I-If you're really alive... W-what about Niki? And Jay? A-are they back too?" Giselle asked with teary eyes and Jungwon gave the answer she badly needed at that moment.

"Jay and Niki are with us too. Even EJ hyung and Taki from Daoan pack." Jungwon answered and that's enough to make both Sunoo and Giselle burst into tears.

"I wanna see Niki! Now! Take me to him! Please!" Sunoo cried desperately as he immediately grabbed onto Jungwon's pale and cold hand.

"I'm sorry. But I can't take you there. It's too dangerous." Jungwon immediately refused.

"He's right. The headquarters that they're at right now is much more dangerous than you can imagine. It shelters hundreds of powerful beings that came from different races. Humans going in there will be a total suicide." Danielle added upon sensing that Sunoo might insist.

"I'm sorry if this is all taking too much surprise. We wanted to let you know when things are not as complicated right now. But I guess you beat us right to it." Jungwon said followed by a low chuckle. And then his gaze happened to spot the visible mark on Sunoo's neck.

He presumed that the mark must've been the reason why the three came to the hotel. Heeseung had already mentioned before that the mark might reappear the moment Niki returns to earth. Breathing the same atmosphere as his mate.

"Niki is very excited to see you. Had he known you'll be here with me, he would've come." He said to Sunoo that only made him cry even harder.

"Well. Is our plan still on the plate or would you like me to leave you with your friends for now? I could tell that you have a lot to catch up with them." Danielle said to Jungwon after taking consideration of the event.

"No. We'll leave. We can wait. Heeseung and the others will be back soon. And just as you said, if he wants to let us know he will come to us. Right?" Giselle said while wiping the tears away from her cheeks.

"It took us 2 years to get this far thinking that you're all gone. That Jay's gone... If he's alive... I'm willing to wait for him." She added forcing a smile to her lips but it was shaky.

"It's great to see you Jungwon! Once your problems are settled. Please let us know how you came back." Sunoo said as he pulled the vampire to a hug. He didn't care if his blood might tempt him. He just wanna embrace his friend whom he watched disappear a few years back.

The three bid their farewell despite not wanting to leave just like that.

They do not know what kind of deal Heeseung and K made that was able to bring their dead friends back. But that deal made the impossible possible again. Jungwon is back. So does Niki and Jay. And they know that if they wait patiently, they'll get the answer they need.

The sooner that the mortals had left.

"You did not tell them?" Danielle asked as they watched the car slowly disappear from their sight upon watching from the rooftop of the hotel.

"About what?" The vampire unconsciously asked. The thought about seeing an old friend made him feel delighted but somehow felt strange.

Because he could feel a wide gap between them. And that he knows very little of what happened in their lives and he doesn't know how to cope with that.

He feels very alienated like he couldn't find a place for himself while being with them.

He felt like a stranger.

"The real reason why you all can't go back to the hotel just yet..."

"Because the last descendant of Sates offered the Frankenstein Castle as your new home."

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.