chapter 7

"This is your stop." Heeseung said to Jay as the three watched the house.

"I thought they'll be asleep." Jay mumbled upon watching the house that is still awake in the middle of midnight.

They could hear party music from inside and a lot of people were there too. It was just Giselle's family but they are pretty loud like they haven't seen each other for a while.

"Giselle's aunt and uncle had moved out. Their family is just visiting until next week. That's why they're partying because they just got here today." Heeseung said upon reading the minds of the mortals inside since the two vampires, even him, are curious as to why there is a party.

"Won't they get any noise complaints at this hour?" Jake asked.

"It's christmas holiday so the families in their neighboring houses are all gone. Giselle's family are probably the only ones in the area and will be celebrating their Christmas here. So they can party all they want." Heeseung said again.

"Now I'm nervous. What if her entire family treats me as a ghost? I'm just gonna ruin their christmas!" Jay moped on their side and suddenly started walking back and forth.

"Don't tell me that you're cowering away now. Does that mean Niki has more guts than you do?" Jake teased and Jay immediately darted a glare at him.

"Do you wanna try switching on my place!? At least for you it will be just Winter who's gonna kill you! But that's an entire family who's gonna question me to death. You told me that she was there when they brought my dead body! How am I supposed to tell them that it was a clone body and I traveled to the future!?" Jay ranted dramatically as he walked back and forth.

Heeseung and Jake could only exchange looks at each other because Jay does have a fair point.

"But you should still go. Giselle knows that we're all back. Don't make her wait for too long." Jake sighed and stopped him from acting up.

"You know her better than us. You'll find a way to speak to her alone. She's the only one who can save you from getting beaten up by questions from her family." Heeseung added.

"Heeseung and I will go now. You can take care of this Jay. After all, it's you." Jake chuckled and bid their farewell.

The two eventually left after assuring Jay that he'll do well. Although the vampire is glad that his friends put so much trust in him. He still doesn't know how he can face Giselle's dad as he finds him as terrifying as the demon who saved him from his death.

"Okay! Let's do this!" Jay said to himself before he finally sneaked into the house's yard.

He managed to climb up to the terrace where he and Giselle usually talk after lunch. When he got there, he had to stay hidden and wait until her cousins passed by and went downstairs.

The party seems to be in the kitchen since he doesn't sense any more human beings on the second floor. So he was able to enter Giselle's room without getting caught and figured that he would've to wait there until Giselle gets back.

He sat on the bed and took this chance to scan the room. It looked different now compared to when he last saw it. It looks very simple and minimal.

That's also when it popped into Jay's mind that the last encounter she had with Giselle was when she asked for a cool off and didn't wanna see him.

So he suddenly became worried that Giselle may still not want to see him and could be angry at him now for suddenly disappearing.

But I wanna see her...
I don't care if she hates me now... I just want to see her...

He thought at the back of his mind.

He stayed seated on the bed and just scanned the room. Thinking how it changed so much from what he remembers. Until he spotted a blue notebook on her bedside table.

Jay tried to ignore it because it would be invading privacy if he peeks on what's inside it. But when he saw it again, his eyes caught a glimpse of the dust on the cover indicating that Giselle pulled it off from where it had been hidden for a long time. The paper looks quite old too.

He tried to battle his mind to not look at it. But curiosity won over him and he ended up finding himself picking up the notebook and turned it to the first page.

He saw his name written on it with nice calligraphy.

And when he turned to the next page...

It was a diary that Giselle wrote two days after he died.

He unconsciously read the letter and was devastated to find out how broken hearted the girl was because of what happened.

Reading the diary made Jay realize just how much Giselle hated and resented herself for making their last moment like that.

She was broken and very sad that Jay died. She wanted to believe that it's not all real but she was there when the bodies were brought to the old church and watched him dissipate like Jungwon.

Jay dropped the diary as he tried to suppress his cries. He could not imagine how hard it must've been for Giselle despite Heeseung's words that it was hard for them. He had no idea it was that bad.

To the point that the diary showed how many interests she had lost, how many things she hated because it reminds her of him. And how distant she became to her family and friends.

All because she blamed herself for messing up what could've been the last memory they have together. For not being able to realize why Jay asked her not to be like that when he came. And all she did was ask him to go away.

The vampire heard the door get unlocked so he quickly turned around.

"Jay?" Giselle whispered his name.

She had no expression on her face and it terrified the vampire that it's because of him.

"Is that really you? Or am I just dreaming that you're here again?" She asked in the same expression.

Jay could only nod in response.

But he did not expect what Giselle did next.

She quietly walked up to him and hugged the vampire. She didn't say a single word nor cry at all. She was just quietly hugging Jay but they both find it rather comfortable than anything.

It was a silent message of how much they missed each other.

"I'm so-"

"Don't." Jay immediately stopped her when he sensed that she was going to say sorry.

"You didn't do anything wrong so please don't say it to me. I don't wanna hear it and I want you to know that nothing is your fault. I was the one who didn't say anything." Jay added as he leaned back to look at her.

Giselle had matured a lot. And she doesn't smile at him. She just wore a sad expression on her face.

"Please don't leave me again. I-I won't ask you to tell me what happened... J-just don't go please." She said almost inaudibly as tears slowly escaped her eyes.

Jay gently held her on her left cheek and smiled at her despite him crying as well. "I promise. I'll stay with you for as long as you want me here." He whispered as he leaned closer and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Stay with me forever."

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.