chapter 1

"I'm sorry to ask this. But how long has it been since that mark became visible again?" Karina asked nonchalantly as she slowly dropped her cutleries on the table.

Giselle's expression went blank while Sunoo looked a little clueless at first.

"W-what do you mean? What mark?" He asked. Completely having no idea what she meant.

"H-he probably just got laid last night! T-that's definitely just a h-hickey so let's not make a big deal out of it!" Giselle tried to sway off the topic but Karina is Karina. She will not let it go that easily.

"A hickey on Niki's mark? I don't think so!" She said, etching a glare as she faced Sunoo.

But the mention of Niki's name made him frown. He quickly pulled out his phone and used its camera to mirror the said mark on his neck.

It's supposed to be faded and not prominent at all. He remembers how painful it was when their mark was slowly fading. It burned and it felt like something was getting ripped off aggressively from him. Until the mark eventually looked like a very old scar that is almost unnoticeable by everyone.

And yet now...

The mark is really there. Like Niki put it there just yesterday.

"I-I don't understand... It has already faded... but it's back." Sunoo whispered with a shaky voice.

His eyes already have tears blurring his vision while he traced the mark carefully with his trembling fingers.

"Let's go!" Karina said as she stood up. The two immediately gave her a confused look.

"To where?" Sunoo asked.

"Where else? We're going to the hotel." She said as she picked up her things. The two did the same unconsciously and followed her to Sunoo's car.

She already got Sunoo's car keys in her hands too because he was too busy pondering with his mark that he didn't notice the hand that stole it.

"We've already been there! The hotel is gone!" Giselle said as they entered the car.

"And so was the mark. But it's back now! We have nothing to lose if we check it!" Karina insisted and immediately started the engine.

The three drove out of the restaurant and went to the location of the hotel. The ride takes at least an hour. So that time was enough for Sunoo to rain his questions in his mind.

Why would the mark reappear?

What is the meaning of this?

Is he back?

Are they all back???

But I was there... I held his dead body with my own hands...

I know that he's gone and I felt it...

This mark faded because he died...

"But it's back now." He muttered as he broke into tears again.

Giselle sat beside him and pulled him to a hug to comfort him. But of course, it doesn't always work. The sooner they got to the freeway, Karina sped up the car.

She doesn't understand why but she could feel her heart thumping like a big drum. The more miles they get closer. The more nervous she becomes.

Please be there!

Please reappear!

The same words she kept chanting in her mind and desperately praying that the hotel will reappear.