chapter 9

After Heeseung left, Jake eventually walked his way to the house where Winter is staying.

When he got to the door. He did not bother knocking as he could sense his wife already asleep.

He made his way inside and locked the door before he rushed to the bedroom. He did not open the lights in case that it might suddenly wake the girl from her deep sleep.

"She still sleeps like a child." He said and chuckled lovesick to himself.

He leaned by the door and crossed his arms. Quietly watching her even the littlest movements she makes. It made him realize how much he misses her after being gone for two years. He stopped eventually when he realized that it might be creepy to stare while she sleep.

He decided to move and carefully lay down beside her. Gently wrapping his beautiful wife in his arms and from then he could no longer contain himself.

Jake leaned close to her neck as he inhaled her addicting scent he'll never grow tired of. He started peppering her with kisses on her head and temple. Until Winter eventually fell awake. But she did not open her eyes and turned to hug him properly.

"I missed you." Jake whispered and kissed her forehead.

"Welcome back." He heard her whisper groggily and Jake hummed. Pressing another chaste kiss on her forehead.

"Sleep. I'm here now." He hummed and started singing her a lullaby until she fell asleep again.

He laid beside her and just watched her sleep. He doesn't sleep after all so he just stayed there and waited until it was morning.

When the sun finally seeped through the window. Jake carefully moved out of bed and hurried to the kitchen.

He could feel a strong rush and excitement to make breakfast for his wife. He always does it for her. Before he left for battle. And now doing it again made him feel that he is truly home.

After he finished cooking. He started setting up the table just as when Winter walked out of the bedroom. 

Jake watched her with adoring eyes. She had messy hair while tiredly rubbing her eyes and yawning like she's the only one in the house.

"Good morning darling." He greeted and Winter flinched, realizing that he must've seen her.

"Come take a seat. I just finished making us breakfast." He said followed by a chuckle.

Winter cleared her throat and tried to play cool. She took a seat and quietly watched her husband make a plate for her with observing eyes.

He wore his pink apron that she made for him. She wanted to throw it away because the cat she tried to sew on it was horrible and looked like a cockroach instead. But Jake insisted on keeping it because he knows she worked hard to make it.

Once he was done, they started eating.

Even though Jake will throw it all up anyway. He doesn't want Winter to eat by herself. He knows that she doesn't want to eat by herself because it makes her lose her appetite.

Once they were done eating. Winter helped to clean up and wash the dishes.

After cleaning up in the kitchen. They went to shower together and took an hour or two almost🙄.

After getting dressed up, the two decided to take a walk in the forest that is just behind the house.

It's a private property that K bought and gifted to his little brother on his birthday. 

All throughout their walk. Winter attentively listened as Jake told her everything that happened when he was away. He looked so immersed and still caught up with the thought of meeting such strong and magnificent people.