ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔶

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫:: ꜱᴇʜʏᴀʜᴀʀᴀ

━───"What do you think you're doing?! You can't just have a sparring match without consulting us, and the opponent is Jiwoo?!" The anger in Inhyuk's face was evident as he walked over the two professors from the world Awakeners Academy

━───"What do you think you're doing?! You can't just have a sparring match without consulting us, and the opponent is Jiwoo?!" The anger in Inhyuk's face was evident as he walked over the two professors from the world Awakeners Academy. "We already informed you that he's injured! What is this supposed to mean? He shouldn't be fighting!"

The professor glanced at Inhyuk, annoyed. She also doesn't like what's happening, but she's obviously not in the position to stop it. "Even I, can't stop Cain Luterain, you know..."

"Pfft—" Chiye snickered at the background after hearing that, finding it amusing that teachers are actually getting scared. Her laughter quickly catches everyone's attention. She waved her hand dismissively, "Please ignore me. I'm just being a good audience."

Everyone: ....

Cain rolled his eyes before looking at Inhyuk and scanning him briefly before he spoke. "I don't think you need to worry." Lazily placing his hands inside his pocket, he smirked. "We've already had a warm-up match outside."

Inhyuk frowned, "What?"

"I'm also aware that Jiwoo Seo was said to be injured, that's why the girl named Chiye fought with Duke instead. However, as far as I can see, he has no problem using his force control. " Cain scoffed at the idea of Jiwoo Seo being injured, thinking it was just a lame excuse that this korean academy has crafted to avoid confrontation. He glanced at Chiye and raised an eyebrow, "You can even ask Miss Chiye about it. She even agreed to have this match."

"What did you say?" Inhyuk was quick to look at Chiye, seeking confirmation. "Chiye, is Jiwoo really...?"

Chiye tilted her head, frowning as she glared at Cain. She just wants to be a spectator, watching the scene and figuring out whether Kayden's ability is really similar to what she witnessed before she got into this world. Besides, so what if she agreed on Jiwoo's behalf? If Jiwoo protests and says he doesn't want to fight, Chiye would be the first one to knock this Cain guy. But this guy, Cain, just had to involve her in the conversation, doesn't he?

"I don't think there will be a problem with Jiwoo." Chiye stated, leaning against her seat with her leg crossed, spreading her palms carelessly as she stated without expression. "Why are you even asking me? You guys should ask Jiwoo instead. In my opinion, it's alright for him to fight since he's already healed."

Inhyuk frowned, his worry evident. "Really? But still, to directly spar with someone..."

"You don't even have to worry about him being injured physically, because I want to fight him in a different way." Cain's lips tilted into a confident smile as he stated. "It's with Animal Communion Ability."

Everyone was shocked to hear that, their eyes quickly falling into the fat cat form of the notorious Kayden. It was unknown what they felt, but the very moment their eyes landed on Kayden, they fell in a state of silence.

Teachers of the Korean awakened academy: " ......"

After a few moments of silence, Inhyuk approaches Jiwoo and becomes the first to break the silence. "Jiwoo, are you going to be okay?"

Jiwoo smiled. Inside his head, he's thinking 'No. I don't even know why I have to be in this mess!' as he glanced at Kayden, before forcing a smile on his face as he answered Inhyuk with obvious uncertainty. "...Yes. I think I'll be fine."

Kayden wasn't the least bit concerned about Jiwoo's worries. After all, who is he? He's the great Kayden! He fought countless strong individuals and survived many near death situations all by himself!

"They all look so serious, when in truth, this is just some kind of show." Chiye muttered in a low voice, loud enough for Kartein's sensitive cat ears to hear.

The white cat glanced tiredly at his student before his golden eyes landed on her lap. Because he shopped Chiye's clothes himself, he knew how soft the fabric of her clothes is. Thinking for a moment, Kartein scoffed and decided to abandon the idea of resting in a comfortable place and just settled on sitting on the cold bench.

"I'm not so sure about that." Kartein's gaze moved towards the black panther, "That isn't a normal panther. It's one of the mystical beast of the Luterain Family."

"'s that a famous clan or something?"

Kartein hummed, "Yeah. The Luterain family is known for their affinity with animal communion, and generations after generations of Luterain descendants ruled the World Awakeners Academy. That kid Cain may look like a total nuisance to you—"

"He does."

"—but he's most likely the next successor."

Chiye, as someone who isn't at all interested in inheritance or anything related to reputation, scoffed. "I don't see what's so interesting about being a successor. That just means more work."

"Many people wants power." Kartein yawned and was about to lay down when Chiye took out something from her pocket and handed something to him. "Hm?"

Chiye handed a meow bite before humming. "Power, eh? Dead people have no use for that."

Kartein has the word 'duh' written on his face as he accepted the meow bite, "They're using it while alive. Anyway, it's not like having power is a bad thing. It only ever turns bad if it's used in the wrong way."

"Point made." Chiye stated boredly, watching as the so-called mythical beast transforms.

Kartein glanced at his student, feeling weirded by his student's fixed stare. It's rare to see Chiye looking so lost. Most of the time, you'll be able to tell whether she's focusing or studying others. Her lips would tilt into either a frown or an amused smile, oftentimes she'll nod as an understanding.

"What got you in trance?" Kartein couldn't help but ask.

Chiye hummed before whispering. "I was just thinking."

"About?"

"Teacher..."

"What?" Kartein raised an eyebrow.

Chiye looked down at the white cat, "Are panthers edible?"

Kartein: "...." (O o)?

‘What did his apprentice just say?!’

─────── · ·End of Chapter 80· · ───────