ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Two negatives is equals to positive.

That phrase is obviously a lie, when it comes to Chiye and Wooin's 'friendship'.

If you were to ask Chiye which one she feels a bit distant from in Jiwoo's group, it would probably be Wooin. The young man is just so silent and rarely talks, so much like her. They're like two stone place besides each other if ever Chiye was left alone with Wooin. No talking, just silence with actions.

That kind of thing is something Chiye does not at all enjoy. Silence reminds her of her imprisonment more often than not, and so does she failed in trying to stay with Wooin in a single room all by themselves. She was well informed about the life story of Wooin, given that he is the student slash adopted son of Dr. Delein, a man worthy of praise in terms of knowledge. Upon hearing that someone managed to help Jiwoo recover slightly after the severity of his injuries before Kartein could make an appearance, the master and disciple immediately showed their curiosity and inquire offhandedly about Dr. Delein, and their source of information was exactly Wooin.

Telekinesis. That is the awakened power Wooin holds and Chiye, who barely has any interest in the strength of others, was more curious about how people utilize their strength instead.

While watching the fight, a certain memory flashed in Chiye's mind. The sound of her brother's gentle and playful voice rang from her memory.

"Listen here, Chiye. You're great at observation, use that well to your advantage. When players lose, bystanders are lucid. Learn how others utilize their strength, and make use of them. Your power won't grow if that brain of yours remained empty, got it?"

Chiye is a smart kid. The downfall being the fact that she's ignorant in many things. But she's not stupid, or rather, she refuses to be one after learning how easy she it is to put her in a painful situation because of that. Her thirst for knowledge never stops, and even doubled after hanging out with Kartein. So with great attention, Chiye watched the flow of energy and quickly noticed the gathering mass of energy on the face of Wooin's opponent.

"Jiwoo..." She called out, glancing at the boy who was too focus on watching Wooin while mentally cheering. "Have you tried fighting Wooin before?"

"What?" Jiwoo didn't mean to use a clueless tone. "You mean...a spar?"

"Yeah."

"I haven't yet."

"Why?"

Jiwoo was a bit lost on what to reply. He pondered over Chiye's words and asked himself. In fact, he did fight with Wooin before during the time they're still not close. Wooin blasted his awakened power at him and beat him up in order to collect the escape sample of Dr. Delein, a cat which now lives peacefully in Jiwoo's house. But...