ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

"Wait for the one, but do not wait for someone to be the one

"Wait for the one,
but do not wait for
someone to be the one."
— JH Hard

━───Chiye turn around and was stunned

━───Chiye turn around and was stunned. Her eyebrow rose upon seeing a face that she could remember.

“It's actually you.”

It's not someone from her world, no.

It's someone from this world. And Chiye happens to remember this person because once upon a time, she pointed a sword at him, attacked him without a word and left.

Remembering what she did and the reason for her actions, Chiye unexpectedly felt a hint of guilt. She did the same for Kayden but that's because Kayden said something she didn't like. On the other hand...this man who is standing in front of her, with a frown on his face, did nothing to anger or provoke her.

Chiye smiled awkwardly, "Hello..."

Sucheon didn't know whether he's unlucky or something. He actually met an assassin while shopping. His eyes narrowed at Chiye, "You want to fight me? Or...do you want to kill me?"

"What?" Chiye was taken aback. The eyes behind the bandages widened. Chiye chuckled. “Why are you suddenly getting into such ideas? Is it because of what happened before?”

When she saw that the man's expression was very dark, like he's ready to use his power to take a strike and kill her, Chiye smiled with a bit of embarrassment. “I'm really sorry about that. It's not my intention to attack you, you just appeared out of nowhere and it surprises me. I thought you were an enemy or something.”

That was such an insincere apology.

Chiye, although guilty, isn't the type of person who likes apologizing for her mistake. The only exception to this is probably Kartein.

Sucheon sneered, “Stop playing your tricks. It won't work on me.”

“I'm not playing tricks on you.” Chiye sigh and lost her smile. She seriously said, “I really had no plans on killing you at that time. I was just in a very bad mood and chose to get some air, then you appeared so...”

Listening to Chiye explaining herself, Sucheon was silent for a few moments. He contemplated and observed Chiye, trying to see if she was lying.

Turns out, Sucheon can't tell anything.

Perhaps it's because Chiye is basically good at masking her own thoughts or the fact that her eyes were covered that Sucheon actually can't tell anything. He couldn't even read any emotion except from calmness.

There's also the gentleness exuding from this girl, which is far more unlikely than the energy she gave off when facing him on the rooftop.

Sucheon has a scowl on his face as he gritted his teeth and asked, “So...you were venting your anger at me?”

Anger ignited inside of him when he saw Chiye nodding her head like it was nothing.

“How dare you—”

“Sucheon, have you found what you were looking for?”

Sucheon heard his Uncle's voice and turned to him, frowning.

Walking towards them, Suman who decided to take a break from the mess in their own headquarters, looks at Sucheon in confusion.

“Where's the jacket you were looking for?”

“I was looking for it when I saw this girl....huh?” Sucheon was explaining himself when he turned and...and saw no one.

“Where is she?”

•••

On the other hand, Chiye quickly left and found Kartein, hurrying him up. She doesn't want to deal with that guy anymore.

“You alright?” Kartein asked with concern after seeing that Chiye was silent.

Chiye shrugged, “I bumped into a crazy person.”

If Sucheon heard that, he would surely start a fight. After all, Chiye was the one who provoked him first and now she's calling him crazy behind his back!

It took two 6 hours to buy everything and return back home to Jiwoo's house.

After entering, Chiye slumped down on the couch like a salted fish. The bandages on her eyes were loose and through the gaps, you could see her eyes dropping lazily.

"If you're sleepy, take a bath first and change your clothes." Kartein was like a mother-hen, which is shocking if ever anyone saw it. He urge Chiye to go upstairs and take a bath first before he arranged the various bags of their shopping items.

12 of the shopping bags contain Chiye's clothes, 5 of them are full of books while 2 of them contain a new phone and a pair of headphones.

The most noticeable thing is the 20+ plastic bags containing different types of snacks.

Kartein learned one thing again; Never leave Chiye all alone in a grocery store!

He just left for a seconds to find something and when he came back the cart was brimming! It's like magic!

Tired, Kartein sigh. However, after he let out a breath, a smile adorned his face.

'The brat finally looks a bit alive.' Kartein thought, remembering the pair of dull eyes he saw when Chiye came back to his house upon learning she's in a different world.

Kartein really isn't sure whether Chiye would be able to return back or not. However, he made up his mind that as long as Chiye remained here in this world, he would take care of Chiye.

Because now, he got himself a worthy aprentice. Not only that, aside from himself...

He finally found someone he could trust.

─────── · ·End of Chapter 28· · ───────